Leidos is seeking a Systems Integration & Test Engineer on the Terminal Flight Data Manager (TFDM) program. TFDM is a system that will improve aircraft runway and terminal congestion. Nationwide congestion is increasing, and the need for efficient aircraft traffic planning is critical. TFDM is the surface management solution that will provide NextGen Air Traffic Control capabilities to improve Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) air traffic operations.
TFDM functions include:
• Surface collaborative decision making, departure scheduling, and airport decision tools
• Electronic Flight Data including electronic flight strips
• Enhanced Air Traffic Control Tower Traffic Flow Management System (TFMS)
• Integration with multiple systems in the National Airspace System (NAS)
• TFDM will share data among controllers, aircraft operators, and airports so they can better stage arrivals and departures and manage traffic flow within terminal airspace for greater efficiency
• Stakeholders will have a shared awareness of flights on the ground and in the air and the ability to exchange data electronically with the goal of providing a continuous real-time picture of traffic volume and airport resources, making flights more efficient from gate to gate.
Systems Integration & Test Engineer Responsibilities:
• Learn the system architecture, design, functions and capabilities to support the integration and test of new TFDM capabilities and enhancements
• Learn about surface management algorithms and electronic flight strip functionality
• Collaborate with the TFDM system engineering team to develop test approaches for new and modified requirements
• Develop detailed test procedures, test steps, test inputs, and scenarios to verify requirements
• Perform integration in a physical or virtual lab running Red Hat Linux
• Collect and analyze TFDM system data to validate that scenarios produced expected inputs and the system produced expected outputs
• Develop scripts and data analysis tools to automate tasks and verification of logs
• Create Program Trouble Reports (PTRs) to document test failures
• Verify PTRs when delivered and perform regression testing to ensure software changes did not degrade the system
• Support lab configuration management activities to ensure hardware and software configurations match program baselines
• Perform dry runs to ensure the system, test procedure, and test inputs are prepared to execute with the customer present
• Demonstrate test execution to the FAA on a run for record to achieve customer acceptance milestones.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 years of professional experience; or no experience required with a related Master's degree
• Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience using Linux operating system.
• Hands-on experience integrating large software systems
• Understanding or exposure to systems integration and testing practices including requirements analysis and testing complex algorithms
• Experience with scripting languages (for example, Python) and GUI based test automation tools (for example, Sikuli)
• Air Traffic Control (ATC) knowledge including control tower procedures
• Experience conducting formal test with a government agency.
- Note: Remote work / teleworking is an option with occasional trips to access company laboratory facility
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Integration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.