The Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR)/Mission Equipment Package (MEP) Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED) Division of the Defense Group of Leidos has an opportunity for a Software Developer to support the US Army programs located in Huntsville, AL. The Software Developer will develop a new version of the ground control station for Product Development Directorate-Common Systems Integration (PdD-CSI). The position will involve supporting agile software development activities to create scalable and modular software solutions for unmanned aircraft systems. Expectations include contributing to software development, model based systems engineering, integrating and testing activities as well as other infrastructure-related duties as assigned.
- Design, develop and maintain mission-critical software in support of unmanned systems, and intelligence gathering products for ground based systems
- Participate in laboratory, ground and flight testing to validate software
- Document and communicate proposed software solutions with integrated, cross-functional engineering teams in a fast paced highly technical environment
- Stay up-to-date on state-of-the-art programming techniques and software technologies
- Participate in software design and code reviews to ensure delivery of quality products and enhance skill sets
- Ability to create software solutions from established industry standards
- Contribute to investments and research that fuel innovation and technological advancements
- Bachelor’s degree with eight 8 years prior relevant experience or a Master's degree with six 6 years prior relevant experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Experience programming in one or more of the following languages: C, C++, and Python
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work
- as leader of an engineering team (two to four)
- on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- convey technical ideas in a clear, logical fashion
- Ability to translate highly technical discussions into executable plans
- Must be a U.S. citizen. Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for a SECRET security clearance
- Experience in virtual machine technology
- Experience in Linux development environment
- Experience in system integration and field testing activities is a plus
- Experience with the Agile software development process IAW USG defined requirements
- Experience with MIL-STD 882E and/or DO-178C
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3,000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.