Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Next Generation Enterprise Network-Recompete (NGEN-R) - Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps. SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy. As part of the SMIT Contract the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and Engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
• Responsible for the Design and implementation of new technology, which include, major changes and enhancement to existing solutions into the production environment.
• Perform systems administration and/or engineering activities and collaborate in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and/or Technical Process Areas
• • Assess operational baselines, designing/developing proposed solutions, recommend changes to change control, and implement changes into the production environment
• Remotely manage distributed servers, switches, and workstations within each local site by a central location where possible.
• Take escalation from NetOps on maintenance and restoration activities of remote servers, develop restoration plans, and execute restoration actives in accordance with approval from the Command Center and the Navy Network War Command (NNWC) Battle Watch.
• Respond to all escalated service requests and trouble tickets delivered through the Service Desk.
• Independently analyze, and recommend alternatives for elements of project's technical design
• Ensure the escalation of incidents and problems are assigned to the appropriate Tier.
• Maintain records of daily activities, problems and remedial actions taken, and/or installation activities.
• Plan, coordinate, and implement network security measures through manual configuration, installation of patches, or the application of scripts to protect data, software, and hardware.
• Participate in technical exchanges as required
• Provide technical and operational input to Regional Change Review activities.
• Review existing documentation for the server, services, data storage operations, and maintenance processes and procedures, and provide recommendations for improvements/changes.
• Provide subject matter expertise to network and systems security personnel in IA incident response, including close coordination with the Theater IAM for all IA related tasks.
• Maintain all servers and appliances within the configuration baselines.
• Apply STIG setting and patches, and testing for proper operation post configuration. Identify , recommend, and implement alternative approaches when required.
• Integrate various network operating systems, application programs and hardware devices.
• Perform system and database administration to ensure optimal system performance, maintain the security posture, and minimize customer service interruptions.
• Address and complete Customer Service Request (Move/Add/Changes) and Incident ticket within service level agreements and ensuring customer satisfaction.
• Apply operating system patches
- Provide technical direction to lower-level Systems Admins and reviews work
US Citizenship and a Secret Clearance is required for this position
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, MIS, or related field. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted for a degree.
4 – 8 years of previous experience in the Information Technology field working as a Systems Administrator in a Microsoft Server environment
Compliant with DoD 8570 IAT Level II (Security+, CCNA Security, etc.)
Possess at least one OS certification (MTA, Lenox, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MDAA etc.)
Top Secret Clearance
ITIL Foundation v3 or v4
10 years of previous experience in the Information Technology field
MCSA, MCSE, Azure Solutions Architect, or Microsoft 365 Certified Modern Desktop Administrator Associate (MDAA)
Although not required for the position, additional experience and certifications in network administration (CCNA/CCNP) are desired.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 50% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.