Global Information Grid (GIG) Service Management-Operations (GSM-O), a Defense Group of Leidos has an opening for a Senior Business Systems Analyst at Scott AFB, IL.
The selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring the internal processes related to Information Technology (IT) Service Management and Delivery are applied and used across the enterprise to ensure timely resolution of incidents and drive high availability. Additional job duties and responsibilities include:
- The candidate works independently in a rapid paced environment to maintain operations while coordinating with administrators.
- Leverage processes, experience and best practices, to ensure the IT organization designs, deploys, and sustains high quality, highly available solutions that align with business and IT strategic objectives for daily operations as well as facilitating full life cycle IT projects.
- Provide Incident, Problem, Change, and Availability Management.
- Ensure that IT has the appropriate level of process definition, rigor, and reporting to deliver the highest level of availability, quality, value, flexibility, and visibility to the organization.
- Ensure accurate and succinct procedures for enterprise management of a DoD program.
- Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Provides coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
- Provides support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergencies.
- Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline or Management and 4 years of overall related experience or a Master’s degree w/ 2 years of related experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Active Top Secret security clearance
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux server environment
- Experience with System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools.
- Experience with the application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining VMWare environments.
- Experience working with virtual environments
- Additional ITILv3 certifications
- Additional process improvement or project management experience or education.
- Integration of cyber security tools and systems with network performance, trouble ticketing, and security subsystems highly desired.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$4000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.