Grow with us! Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path...
The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme for the UK Ministry of Defence is a critical effort to enhance and improve the UK’s defence supply chain. The programme provides essential services such as storage and distribution for the MOD's materiel, including a global freight service and the procurement and inventory management of 70,000 commodity NATO Stock Number (NSNs).
Working together as Team Leidos we are helping to transform the UK's defence supply chain by providing an integration of a complex mixture of services, at low risk, using a modern suite of systems that will deliver one version of the truth. For the first time, the MOD will see the whole picture, as it is happening.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Trade Compliance Administrator to join the The Logistics Commodities & Services Transformation (LCST) Programme based in Bristol. You could be a graduate looking for a new career opportunity within an interest in compliance. If so, we would really like to hear from you.
This is a developmental role in Leidos Supply Ltd (LSL) where you will learn the skills needed in order to support the LSL Trade Compliance Officer (TCO) with customs activities. Under their guidance, you will learn and support in activities pertaining to import and export declarations with HMRC when completing customs duties for the LCS(T) commodity range, including interaction with relevant bodies to ensure compliance throughout the transactions.
You will gain an understanding of relevant regulations and legislation and help enforce these within the Commodity Support Services (CSS) tender and contracting process whilst providing clear communication and support. You will also support the TCO in other compliance activity as required.
- The role holder main duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Provide accurate clearance instructions to Customs Agents in order to import and export commodities from the UK
- Update and maintain accurate records to an audit standard within the Leidos Import and Export Logs
- Update all applicable documentation and procedures, in accordance with the LSL TCO and LEL ITC Manager, that are relevant to the programme and in line with Leidos processes
- Review and approve International Travel Requests for LSL business travel.
- Assist in providing advice and guidance for Trade Compliance procedures, including Incoterms and requirements CSS commodities
- Proactively undertake training and development aligned to International Trade Compliance ‘Import and Export Procedures and Controls’
- Is a subject matter expert for HMRC requirements, ensuring compliance for all EU & Non-EU requirements
- Work with the CSS teams to identify compliance risks, issues and opportunities in the importation of LCST CSS required commodities
- Enforce and encourage use of the Export Control Classification Certificate (ECC) on contracts and tenders. Gain a clear understanding of its importance regarding customs and export control information, as well as its use as a tool to help identify Country of Origin and Supply Chain Mapping
- Work towards assisting with Contract Evaluations to cover when the LSL TCO is on leave. This includes evaluation of the ECC, and asking questions to ensure enough data is available to make an accurate evaluation
- Working with the LEL subject matter expert, supports LSL to ensure the implementation of ITAR and EAR compliance (including technical data management) for CSS commodities is considered and adhered to during the Tender and Contract stages
- Assist the LSL TCO with other aspects of their role when required, such as modern slavery
WHAT SETS YOU APART:
- Strong attention to detail and integrity to ensure compliance with HMRC and internally within the LCS(T) programme
- Strong interest in developing knowledge in the International Trade Compliance arena
- Good understanding of LSL sourcing, procurement and contract management procedures
- Ability to assess and update processes and procedures in line with agreed LSL standards
- Ability to formulate relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Strong knowledge of Customs compliance requirements
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable working with a variety of stakeholders and suppliers at all levels;
- Ability to work as a member of a team
- Numerate and proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Flexibility to travel internationally if required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a UK SC security clearance level
- Minimum : A-Levels (grades A-C) or equivalent education
- Essential : General software / application literacy, to intermediate or advanced level
YOU MIGHT ALSO HAVE (desirable):
- Degree (or equivalent) in relevant discipline
- Basic understanding of HMRC UK import regulations
- Basic knowledge of customs imports and/or exports
- Experience of working in a Customs, Procurement, Purchasing or Commercial department/role, preferably operating under EU Regulations
- Good knowledge of EU Procurement Regulations
WHAT DO WE DO FOR YOU?
At Leidos we are PASSIONATE about customer success, UNITED as a team and INSPIRED to make a difference. We offer meaningful and engaging careers, a collaborative culture, and support for your career goals, all while nurturing a healthy work-life balance.
We provide an employment package that attracts, develops and retains only the best in talent. Our reward scheme includes:
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• 33 days Annual Leave (including public and privilege holidays)
• Access to Flexible benefits (including life assurance, health schemes, childcare vouchers and cycle to work scheme)
Commitment to Diversity
We welcome applications from every part of the community and are committed to a truly diverse and inclusive culture. We foster a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages please let us know, and we will respond in a way that best fits your need.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Other Clearance
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.