Leidos is pleased to announce that it has been awarded the Service Management Integration and Transport (SMIT) Contract. This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps.
In support of this exciting program Leidos is looking to hire a Virtual Server Administrator in Arlington, VA to join our Team.
SMIT is the largest IT services program for the Navy. The Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The qualified candidate will manage and operate a virtualized Microsoft (MS) environment. Other duties and responsibilities:
- Perform daily system checks, review and respond to events reflected in various management tools, and perform server patch management.
- Notify Government representative of issues involving performance of the operating environment.
- Conduct system audit reviews and perform maintenance functions as required to ensure system health.
- Coordinate efforts with other work centers and personnel to resolve incidents or events related to systems and supporting infrastructure.
- Adhere to change control standards and procedures, problem resolution, and troubleshooting techniques, the use of remote server management tools.
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and 5 Years of Experience
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II
- DOD Secret Clearance
- Experience with Active Directory (AD), clustering, Domain Name System (DNS), and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Must possess VMware Certified Associate (VCA) certification.
- Must possess VMware Certified Professional (VCP) certification within 6 months.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Systems Support
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.