Leidos is seeking an experienced and motivated Competitive Intelligence Analyst with experience in research and analysis in the federal market, customers and competitors. Analyses developed must deliver analytical insight into our markets, customers, competition and partners to enhance targeted business development pursuits, and influence bid/no bid decisions.
- Develop actionable intelligence—with a focus on competitor strategies, differentiated solutions and long-range strategic plans—that directly supports position-to-win deliverables for tactical opportunity pursuits.
- Leverage industry knowledge, competitive benchmarking, commercial (subscription) databases, and internal competitive intelligence to prepare market, customer, and competitor assessments with business implications and actionable recommendations.
- Capable of working both independently and with teams, possessing a unique blend of technical, business, and strategic thinking skills.
- Candidates must understand the government procurement process, the entire capture cycle, the various contract types, and have experience working on proposals and with capture teams. Must have experience with competitive intelligence collection and be able to work simultaneously on multiple projects and reprioritize as new opportunities arise.
- Competitive intelligence research on identified competitors as well as market research, analysis government buying trends and budgets to develop market and customer profiles, and perform competitor deep dive research packages.
- Must possess excellent communication to present and defend his/her concise analysis and recommendations to capture team members and senior leadership.
- Lead Black Hat Reviews and support all necessary Capture Team gate reviews with management.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 8 years applicable experience.
- Competitive intelligence and market research experience
- Experience analyzing government buying trends and budgets
- Understanding of the New Business Capture process
- Understanding of the U.S. Federal government acquisition process and contract types
- Strong professional, interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and efficiently with multiple deadlines and changing priorities to produce a large volume of high-quality material with attention to detail.
- Proficiency Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Microsoft SharePoint, and ability to learn new applications
- Proficiency with GovWin, DACIS, BGOV, GovTribe, and FPDS.
Potential For Telework
Clearance Level Required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Market Intelligence
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.