Transmission Planning Engineer
Fully remote/100% telework
Leidos offers its knowledge and expertise over a wide area of cutting-edge energy technologies and independent oversight, combined with proven business acumen. Building our work for publicly and privately-owned utilities, financial institutions and local governments, we are able to provide our clients with business insight into all sectors of the infrastructure industry.
We are seeking a Transmission Planning Engineer who will work as a member of a dynamic team within our Energy & Systems Solutions, and who will provide transmission planning consulting services as both an engineer and as a project manager as client needs dictate. This position will contribute to the expansion of an established and well respected Transmission Planning consulting practice.
• Perform complex transmission planning studies both independently and as a team member
• Mentor more junior team members who are involved with similar studies for a variety of clients such as: Municipal Utilities, Investor Owned Utilities, and Regional Planning organizations such as ISO’s and RTO’s, as well as providing transmission consulting services for Developer and Independent Power Producer Clients.
• Serve as Subject Matter Expert for selected NERC Reliability Standards in support of Leidos’ NERC compliance practice.
• Responsible for providing consulting services Transmission Planning and in-depth analysis
• Participate in business development activities: both building and maintaining client relationships, as well as assist with expanding the current client base. This position has a significant growth and career development potential
Bachelors of Science Electrical Engineering (BSEE) is required and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience
• The candidate should possess solid understanding of power system analysis concepts, including: load flow, stability, short circuit and electromagnetic transients, including knowledge of various power system theories and limitations.
• Experience with common industry accepted analytical tools such as PSS/E, PSLF, ASPEN, CAPE, EMTP and PSCAD are highly desirable. The candidate must be experienced and capable of functioning both as a team member and at times in a project leadership role in transmission studies.
• Knowledge of transmission policy and regulatory issues is desired examples include: experience with FERC Open Access Transmission Tariff, NERC reliability standards, Generator Interconnection Procedures (LGIP and SGIP) and associated study practices.
• Professional Engineering license preferred
• Demonstrates excellent oral and written communications skills
• Detail oriented
• Remarkable problem solver in both team and independent environments
• Willingness to travel to project and/or client sites
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.