Leidos, Inc. is seeking a Contracts Representative to support its National Airspace System Integration Support Contract (NISC IV). Seeking a motivated self-starter who can work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic environment. The selected candidate will report to the Director of Contracts and support contract management and task order activities.
The Contracts Representative will provide overall contract compliance of assigned tasks in accordance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws.
Possible locations for this position are Washington D.C. with occasional visits to Gaithersburg, MD.
- Provide the oversight and evaluation of major proposals, monitoring major contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Portfolio will be primarily federal contracts, but may also include municipal and commercial contracts.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required.
- Attend early capture sessions to determine specific information and requirements in order to apply the correct contracts skills, techniques, methods and resources for the group thus meeting Leidos’ as well as the customer’s expectations and objectives.
- Develop or review prime contract flowdown documents to ensure compliance with prime contract requirements and to minimize company liability
- Support internal/external audit activities as well as data request from internal / external customers.
- Follow-up with Task Order Managers who are delayed in submitting TOs for review.
- Compile TO processing metrics
- Reviewing Task Orders for: risks, OCI, contract compliance, accuracy, consistency, clarity, funding, PoP
- Tracking and entering TOs in the TO Review Submission Tool as they are entered into NIMS.
- Approve TOs for signature and sign TOs over to PMO.
- Follow-up with PMO inquiries into TOs.
- Track for impacts to cost/schedule if TO is delayed – determine remedies
- complete TO Review Submission Tool data
- Spot checks for data quality in TO Review Submission Tool
- NTP substantiation for PMO
- Tracking TO funding levels, working NTPs/funding movements/stop work orders if needed.
- Modification funding line tracking.
- Manage NIMS Accounts Database.
- Submit weekly FAA AD/NIMS Account requests to PMO.
- Contracts Sharepoint development / O&A.
- Ad hoc customer (PMO) data calls / requests.
- NIMS/CMIS helpdesk support – Customer and Contractor sides.
- Create/present Contracts topics at Offsite.
- Weekly OCI Training (backup).
- Weekly New Hire Orientation (backup)
Education and Experience
- Typically requires a BA degree in Business Administration or related field and 2 to 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge within government contracts arena with particular emphasis on proposal support.
- Strong negotiation skills, including experience negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Must have experience with all contract types and a working knowledge of FAR/DFAR.
- Knowledge in government contracts, municipal, and commercial contracts. Ability to work in fast-paced environment and manage multiple priorities.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding Contracts issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Ability to establish relationships internally and within the Leidos community.
- Experience as Contracts lead on large proposals is required.
- International experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:1000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.