Are you ready to join a Leidos all-star team? Through training, teamwork, and exposure to challenging technical work, let Leidos show you how to accelerate your career path in our Bethesda, MD office.
The Leidos Innovations Center has an exciting opening for you as our next Senior Storage Engineer to assist with the implementation of a state-of-the-art technology stack supporting a full stack containerized microservices architecture for the DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) for the National Media Exploitation Center (NMEC). D3P is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform providing cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. Your job will be to rely upon your years of experience to implement and administer networked storage infrastructure and interconnected systems, conduct performance analysis and design optimized storage systems. This job will be in our Bethesda, MD office where you will participate in building strong cross functional collaboration in with all areas of infrastructure support, product development, and quality assurance in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
You will be involved in developing and supporting the backbone of the data pipeline and integrating machine learning services in support of intelligence community analysts whose mission is to solve unique and challenging problems.
You will work closely with other infrastructure and network engineers, system engineers and O&M team members on the following key tasks:
• Plan and evaluate storage requirements.
• Implement and administer networked storage infrastructure and interconnected systems, capacity planning, and performance analysis and design of storage systems.
• Determine current levels of system and application resource utilization and performance.
• Construct analytical models and develop workload projection methodologies to estimate and describe utilization and performance at multiple levels
• Utilize the capacity management tool set to perform workload sizing for new and existing applications
• Support the implementation of hardware and software upgrades and analyze the impact of new technologies on processor and peripheral utilization and performance
• Construct capacity plans, develop capacity reports, oversee storage of capacity and performance data, and conduct capacity management audits
• Design, Develop and Integrate Storage Attached Network (SAN) Storage design, configuration, and integration including, but not limited to, Pure, NetApp and EMC storage solutions
• Improve existing infrastructure to incorporate latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
• Participate in new functionality design sessions to provide input and identify dependencies
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to storage configuration
This is you:
• Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or a closely related discipline and at least 8 years of relevant professional experience or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree or a Master’s Degree with at least 6 years of prior relevant experience
• Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Polygraph security clearance
• Provide support for various Storage systems; NAS, CEPH, ISCSI, fiber channel (FC), and Flash Storage technologies (flash blades/arrays) deployed in both physical and virtualized environments
• Develop, Configure and Integrate Virtual Storage Console for VMWare
• Design, Develop and Operate storage integration with virtualization specifically, but not limited to, VMware and Hyper-V
• Conduct research on storage products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the storage industry
• Proven experience and success with storage design and implementation. storage capacity planning, and general storage management best practices
• Working technical knowledge of current storage hardware, protocols, and standards, including routers, switches (layer 2/3), firewalls, DNS, DHCP, BGP, OSPF, VLAN, EPG, QoS and remote access
• Basic knowledge of Linux OS
• Ability to express technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing, to include assisting system engineers with storage aspects of design solutions and assisting with phase-in activities including initial HW/SW configuration tests and network connectivity
• Improve existing infrastructure by incorporating the latest technology best practices and cross application integrations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a team or independent environment as a self-starter
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
• Knowledge and some understanding of Kubernetes, Salt, Elasticsearch
• Experience in DevOps tools, scripting
• Experience with deployment and operations of containers
• Experience with Pure Storage
• Familiarity with various software applications i.e. iPerf / iPerf3, PHP IPAM IP address management software, Citrix ADC is an application delivery controller (ADC), Mattermost, Confluence, Jira (Atlassian), Cisco ACI, Intersight, App Dynamics, and Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$5000.00
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.