The NISC IV program at Leidos currently has an opening for a Knowledge Services Network (KSN) / SharePoint Programmer / Facilitator to work in our Ft. Worth, TX office.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Airspace System Integration Support mission.
In this mission we provide subject matter expertise to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) throughout the Central Service Area and are currently seeking a contractor to perform IT-related services involving its SharePoint Microsoft Knowledge Services Network (KSN) site.
This position is located within the FAA's Security and Operations Support Group.
The work will involve duties related to the development, implementation, and maintenance of Operations Support Group’s Knowledge Services Network (KSN) site.
These duties will include, but are not limited to regular maintenance, training, help desk assistance, updates and generating reports, as described above.
- Apply your experience and knowledge of Microsoft KSN, Microsoft InfoPath, SharePoint Designer to maintain the KSN site.
- Develop and input the programming necessary for the generation of forms within the KSN site and output from the KSN site.
- Produce other data collection tools in support of the KSN site.
- Gather requirements, and develop functional and technical specifications that support the vision and mission of the Operations Support Group organization.
- Prepare and present reports gathered from KSN and other FAA data systems to internal customers on both a regular and ad hoc basis.
- Responsible for the implementation, upgrade, and day-to-day administration of the KSN environment.
- Create and develop KSN enhancements, modifications, and remediation of problems arising from operation of the system, through programming.
- Develop training for users of the KSN site.
- Provide support services, e.g., help desk services, to users of the KSN site.
- Prioritize help desk tickets to ensure timely response to requests for help desk assistance.
- Develop metrics to assist in understanding whether the KSN site functions in accordance with technical requirements and conforms to appropriate business processes used by the FAA.
- Develop metrics to assist in understanding the user experience.
- Ensure that the KSN site meets the technical, business process and end user requirements by regularly analyzing the system using approved metrics and providing recommendations based upon that analysis.
- Monitor and ensure that the systems and processes for KSN are reliable and maintainable.
- Analyze and report KSN usage and activity.
- Manage system permissions.
TYPICAL EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Typically have a BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- Proficiency with Microsoft InfoPath, SharePoint Designer, SharePoint or SharePoint based-KSN Facilitation.
- Experience working with SharePoint or as a KSN programmer/facilitator.
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Ability to travel up to 15% of the time.
- Prior experience working for/with the FAA
- Journeyman level Tableau experience
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.