The NISC program at Leidos currently has an opening for a Material Expeditor to work in the FAA Staging Facility in Independence, MO. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the National Airspace System Integration Support mission.
This position will provide logistics support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) throughout the Central Service Area.
- Locate and move materials and parts between work areas to expedite processing of goods, according to pre-determined schedules and priorities.
- Use FAA authorized automation products/databases, (Staging Area Website, PRISM, etc.) and other electronic or analog products to maintain logistics records and review production schedules, inventory reports and work orders to determine types, quantities, and availability of required material and ensure customer due dates are met.
- Perform internet research of vendor websites to coordinate location, availability and cost of materials to support logistics transactions.
- Notify and respond as requested to emergency transactions to meet customer orders.
- Store, stack, or palletize material in accordance with prescribed storage methods and when required, move material from storage and prepare it for shipment.
- Use Power Truck, Forklift, and other warehouse equipment necessary to support daily logistic operations.
- Utilize daily safety checklist of Power Truck, Forklift, and other Staging Area equipment.
- Suggest modifications in work processes to meet long-term performance and service requirements.
- Ensure work areas are neat, clean, and free of safety hazards.
- Support ad-hoc and end of year purchases by deadlines.
- Mc-1/3 Tool Stock Excess Transaction and Inventory.
- Prepare Daily Activity Log.
High school diploma or equivalent and 1 – 3 years of prior relevant experience.
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Ability to Obtain a Public Trust Clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.