Healthcare is one of the fastest growing sectors of the US economy, but the industry faces many challenges in delivering value to providers and payers and in improving patient care outcomes in a highly dynamic marketplace. HGS is at the forefront of defining and building solutions to address those challenges using a go-fast agile approach driven by small teams that rely on and value the contributions of each team member. Health Growth Solutions (HGS) is our Innovation team that performs Research & Development projects and builds new Leidos differentiated solutions to solve ‘real-world’ problems.
- Developing the plans for requirements identification and assessments
- Capturing business requirements and converting them to technical functional requirements
- Identifying non-functional requirements with the support of the technical teams
- Facilitating review and approval of requirements captured with stakeholders
- Converting objectives to proposed requirements
- Using visualization tools (e.g., Visio, PowerPoint, etc.) to create workflow diagrams consistent with process best practices
- Supporting vendor tool product assessments against defined requirements
- Creating and maintaining requirements documentation
- Documenting product specification / limitation fact sheets with support of the technical team
- Assisting product planning, project management, risk management and UX design activities
- Supporting testing an validation activities against the defined requirements
- Supporting the Product Managers prioritize and evaluate requirements
- Bachelor Degree in engineering, information technology, or relevant industry degree and 12 - 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 13 years of prior relevant experience.
- 5+ years’ experience as a Requirements Engineer or similar role
- Ability to bridge the gap between a business problem and potential solutions
- In depth knowledge of requirements engineering practices
- Good communication skills
- 10+ years’ development and related industry experience
Additional skills and attributes
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and focused on delivering outcomes
- Resilient with the ability to find innovative ways around road blocks
- Can work in an iterative way starting with ambiguity
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.