Leidos Government Health & Safety Solutions is seeking a Network Architect on a large network services opportunity supporting the National Institute of Health (NIH) in the Bethesda, MD area.
The Network Architect position is a highly visible strategic position to ensure exceptional delivery of network services to NIH. They will provide support in designing and architecting network systems to provide secure and always-on infrastructure services in a 24x7 environment. Responsible for strategic direction and providing technical solutions to align with the customer’s changing operational needs. The person in this position will work directly with the NIH and the Leidos leadership teams to ensure success of all technical aspects of project including team leadership, client relationships, supporting proposal and capture activities, and other support responsibilities.
The Network Architect will lead design process future network architecture, manage the existing networks, ensure that the networks have the necessary redundancy to meet SLAs and provide guidance so that the necessary traffic monitoring is implemented to meet NIH, HHS and the Federal Government policies. The Network Architect will work in collaboration with network engineers, network administrators, software teams, hardware teams, and security teams to setup and configure network devices and software. They have to assess the existing network technologies to increase the performance, security & efficiency. The Network Architects also examine and evaluate the network performance and consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate recommendation wherever required.
- Architect, Design networks, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), the Internet, intranets, datacenter networks, and other data communications systems. Creates, tests, and evaluates networks.
- Evaluate the potential impacts of new network solutions on the NIH and TIC networks
- Measure, monitor and plan network performance, usage, availability, capacity planning, and health
- Design and implement solutions for networking environments including Data Center Networks, Local Area Networks (LAN), and wireless networks
- Design and implement Firewall solutions and network monitoring solutions for security compliance
- Provide strategic & tactical direction including strategy to action plan for the NIH CIT Network Services projects
- Actively engage other organizations within Leidos and NIH on collaboration efforts that ensure that we deliver the best product and solutions to NIH
- Provide operational oversight, coaching to technical team, mentoring and developing of staff and succession planning
- Through personal example, set the tone and direction for moral and ethical leadership for the NIH CIT Network Services program. Continue to build a culture grounded in the Leidos values, beliefs, and expectations and highest standards of ethical and respectful behavior. Promote improved transparency and cross-group collaboration
- 12 years of experience for engineering and managing complex Enterprise Networks with Local Area Networks (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Facilities Networks, Data Centers, Multi-vendor Internet Service Providers
- Experience architecting comparable Network and Security Services with performance incentives/disincentives tied to Service Level Agreements
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) with specialization in Routing and Switching, Service Provider, Data Center, and Wireless
- ITIL V3 Foundations certification
- Experience architecting, designing, and implementing Data Center Networks using Cisco, F5 and Palo Alto devices
- Strong Wireless and Network Access Control (NAC) experience and skills
- Significant experience with designing and deploying load balancers, firewalls, and wireless controllers
- Experience with scripting and automation
- Large scale network migrations, upgrades, and brownfield implementations
- Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge of network operation, applications, hardware, monitoring, and operating systems, supporting approximately 45,000 users
- Demonstrated ability for oral and written communication with the highest levels of management
- Experience with network, security, infrastructure architecture activities and tasks on a medium to large government IT Infrastructure project with 24x7 mission support requirements; Network Design and Development; Data Center Services; Site to Site / Remote Access Virtual Private Network (VPN) Services; Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) Services; Network Backbone Services; Internet Service Provider (ISP) Services; Local Area Network (LAN); Wide Area Network (WAN) Services; Voice over IP (VoIP); Wireless Networks; IP Address Management (IPAM) Services; Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) Services; Cloud Network Services; Firewall; Web Filtering; Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS); Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS); Network Access Control (NAC); Domain Name Systems (DNS); Application Delivery/Load Balancing; Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) Certificate Management; Traffic/Infrastructure Monitoring; System Accreditation and Authorization
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related discipline.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in service provider networking.
- Fifteen years of experience in service provider networking
- The following certification the CCIE having passed both the written and practical exams in at least one of the following areas of specialization: Service Provider, Routing & Switching, Data Center, Security or Wireless
- Previous networking experience or industry certifications are a plus (i.e. CCNA, CCDP, CCNP, CISSP, advanced ITIL certifications, etc)
- Demonstrated current and significant relationships with NIH, HHS or comparable civil government executives and mid-level managers, particularly in IT operations, network and security services
- Great understanding of Cisco and other vendors network devices and software
- Strong experience with designing, deploying, and securing large networks
- Ability to articulate and design network Layer 2 and Layer 3 frameworks and protocols
- Significant experience with Cisco network equipment, F5 and Palo Alto firewall, including multiple contexts, HA pairs and Active-Active clustering; experienced with both Cisco CLI and GUI controls
- Significant experience with BGP and OSPF
- Experience and understanding of entire technology stack from application, compute, storage, and operating systems and how they all affect networking technologies
- Experience with ServiceNow
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.