Leidos is seeking an Air Force Analyst to support to the Operational Energy office of the Deputy Assistant Secretary of the Air Force in a position located at the Tanker Airlift Control Center (TACC) at Scott Air Force Base.
In this role, you will assist the Air Force Operational Energy Office addressing a broad range of issues associated with Air Force Operations specific to the TACC from an operational perspective.
- Conduct analysis of day-to-day TACC operations practices to determine how changes in policy, procedures, and techniques can reduce operational energy expenditure.
- Develop Business Case Analyses on potential aviation energy efficiency initiatives for aircraft and 3rd party applications.
- Lead other aviation energy efficiency projects.
- Perform analysis on potential and existing aviation fuel efficiency initiatives.
- Develop aviation energy efficiency issues for consideration as input to the Program Objective Memorandum budget submission.
- Support advocacy, outreach, and engagement efforts on behalf of SAF/IEN to stakeholders in the mobility enterprise and at TACC.
- Provide subject-matter expertise and other support for development of tools or processes to optimize aviation fuel usage in TACC and across the AF enterprise.
- Typically requires a BA degree and 8 years of prior relevant USAF experience or Masters with 6 years of prior relevant USAF experience.
- Must be US Citizen. Must be able to maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Secret Clearance.
- Knowledge of TACC operations preferred.
- Air Force operations experience preferred.
- AMC/TRANSCOM staff experience preferred.
- Strong Technical writing and communications skills.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.