Leidos’s Defense Group, Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Team currently has an opening for a Data Solutions Architect with 10+ years of experience architecting and implementing complex business data solutions to include, data centric mission capabilities, data warehouse appliances, cloud based data warehouse technologies, BI and analytical tools, and data streaming processing tools.
This is an exciting opportunity to use your technical expertise and leadership experience in support of our DoD Information Technology customers. You will support development of enterprise business solutions for new business, support ongoing contract activity as well as provide surge and problem resolution support to existing contracts.
- The Data Solution Architect will provide the leadership and technical direction for the execution of DoD IT new business during the capture phase and into program execution startup upon award.
- Lead data solution architecture definition of complete Enterprise Service solutions covering the lifecycle from Early CONOPS, to requirements, development, deployment and sustainment. Key activities for this role will include requirement definition, architecture development, analysis of alternatives / trade-off studies, technical planning, and design.
- Produces technical roadmaps that advance the technical baseline and address both the technical and the business factors.
- Coordinate with Leidos internal technical communities and strategic partners to align the E&CS data science and engineering approach with Leidos enterprise capabilities
- Partner with business development leads and capture teams to support effective shaping and deliver acceptable technical responses for new business solicitations
- Leverage and contribute technical white papers and other documents to Leidos’ centralized library to share information across the enterprise solution architect community
- Lead engineering assessments and recommendations for selection of investments for a range of large scale COTS solutions across various vendor offerings.
- Provide options with recommendations for integrating vendor solutions for large scale enterprises and strategies for technical refresh and deployment into the enterprise. All phases of the lifecycle are possible from new start to sustainment.
This role is in support of DoD customers in the DC Metro area as well as globally. Ideally the candidate will be based in DC Metro area, but this is not required. Opportunity may require up to 25% Domestic travel. Candidates should either possess or be capable of obtaining a DoD Clearance at Secret level.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience and 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years or prior relevant experience to include 10 years of data solutions experience.
- 7+ years of experience supervising or leading technical teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication capability. Ability to communicate with executive leadership regarding matters of significant importance to the organization.
- Previous experience as a Chief Engineer or equivalent for large business COTS solutions with broad expertise guiding project and operations across multiple related IT disciplines throughout the project lifecycle.
- Experience designing and developing methods, processes, and systems to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including “big data” sources
- Experience developing and using advanced software applications, algorithms, querying and automated processes to cleanse, integrate and evaluate datasets and models
- Experience developing applications, dashboards, visualizations and reports that identify meaningful insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations
- Proven ability to design, articulate, and deliver complex, large-scale data solutions that are scalable, robust, secure, and resilient
- Experience working cooperatively with Data Scientists
- Possess broad IT Knowledge of contemporary IT technologies to include but not limited to: End user computing, n-tier architectures, Data Base and Data Warehouse technologies, Network, Cyber Security architecture components and controls, Virtualization Technologies, DevOps, Web Services, Application development / sustainment.
- Basic understanding of Data Cataloging / Data quality / Data security
- Prior hands on experience with years’ experience with relational data / sql / data modelling and scripting tools
- Experience and ability to successfully negotiate and influence others to understand and accept new concepts, practices and approaches.
- Experience estimating all technical and operations labor and material costs.
- Experience identifying and assessing business impacts to proposed changes to a largely technical solution or enterprise operations.
- Architecture Framework knowledge and certification
- ITIL foundations certification with Enterprise IT experience using ITIL 4.
- Technical Certifications such as AWS/MS or Security Certifications such as CISSP
- Experience developing strategic roadmaps for IT services and providing technical oversight to ensure developed solutions, satisfy customer and business requirements.
- Recent experience migrating applications from on-premise solutions to CSPs
Pay Range:Pay Range $136,500.00 - $210,000.00 - $283,500.00
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.