Leidos is seeking a Senior Executive Advisor to support a US Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew. Assignment location will be Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
The Senior Executive Advisor is responsible for ensuring superior consultation to the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) Commander and Commander's staff regarding strategic decisions related to Air Operations. The incumbent will provide graduate-level papers, executive summaries, and briefings to the Commander and senior leadership, as well as facilitate timely and comprehensive coordination with external agencies.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Provide advice on the operational procedures and transformation initiatives for the RSAF, both on a high-level, portfolio level as well as specific to 5 different RSAF sites in field.
- Prepare recommendations for aircraft retrofit, recapitalization, sustainment, and disposal, both on a high-level, portfolio level as well as specific to 5 different RSAF sites in field.
- Proactively prepare in-depth, critical analyses, reports, studies, briefings and recommendations
- Conduct research and analyses on key topics from internal and external sources on selected topics regarding the RSAF strategic agenda and prepare input for the Commander.
- Promote RSAF objectives through active engagement at all levels of staff, both on a high-level, portfolio level as well as specific to 5 different RSAF sites in field.
- Ensure relevant perspectives across all staff levels are articulated to the Commander
- Prepare senior leadership team meetings, including agenda, content, and key messages
- Facilitate management of Commander's information exchange to ensure effective communication across staff, both on a high-level, portfolio level as well as specific to 5 different RSAF sites in field.
- Ensure urgent inquiries and emerging issues are brought to the Commander's attention
- Participate actively in relevant ad-hoc projects
- Keep up to date on global military trends and innovations to enable robust input and analysis
- Write occasional "think pieces" examining larger trends and implications for the RSAF portfolio
- Be a role model and representative for the Commander, Commander's staff, and the RSAF
- Adhere to all RSAF policies, procedures, standards and practices
- Other duties as directed
- Master's degree and minimum 15 years' directly relevant experience; additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Previous experience on United States Air Force or US Joint Staff delivering support to senior leadership. Minimum Brigadier General strongly preferred.
- Graduate of senior-level Professional Military Education (PME)
- Demonstrated knowledge of Air and Space combat operations, planning, communications, and training
- Experience in international acquisition practices including arms control and high-tech equipment
- Ability to work long hours and travel as necessary and governed by contract provisions
- Proven performance supporting all aspects of Base Operations, Sector Operations, and contractual compliance with demonstrated performance in program management and associated tools
- Demonstrated communication ability adept at designing professional presentations and public speaking
- Strategic and top-down problem-solving capabilities and able to think holistically with attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills able to translate data into easy-to-understand briefs that drive strategic decisions
- Highly-developed communication aptitude, both written and verbal, with an ability to prepare high-level reports for the Commander and staff, and communicate complex issues and concepts clearly, succinctly
- Solid leadership and professional maturity with demonstrated ability to collaborate, engage, build relationships and networks, and influence others regarding complex, conflicting and ambiguous issues
- Intellectual acumen able to bring new ideas into strategic discussions and contribute to setting the agenda
- Natural leadership with talent to gain buy-in and inspire others to deliver exceptional results
- Ability to identify opportunities for and influence change, and lead continuous improvement initiatives
- Sustained track record of creating practical solutions to multifaceted and ambiguous problems
- Professional, reliable, and trustworthy with a capacity to be highly confidential, discreet and tactful
- Dynamic, lateral thinker capable of managing a multitude of difficult tasks and projects simultaneously
- Critical thinker with analytical competence comfortable in dialogue with colleagues and senior leaders
- Display high personal integrity, sound judgement, honesty and ethics
- Excellent organization skills and strong learning agility
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.