Part time (approximately 20 hours per week) Underwater Acoustics Analyst with deep domain knowledge in the application of classical physics to analyze acoustic propagation in the maritime environment. Areas of discipline include oceanography, acoustics, signal processing, data processing and numerical modeling. Participates in data analysis, performance prediction and development of requirements for software development.
- Provide subject matter expertise analyzing and interpreting large acoustic data sets,
- Analyze underwater acoustic data sets looking for trends, features and anomalies,
- Perform quality assurance on acoustic data sets to determine system malfunctions and suggest system improvements.
- Operate, configure and modify analysis software in response to specific mission requirements,
- Document analyst processes and train new employees to maintain existing capabilities.
- Three years of experience with acoustic modelling software
- Requires BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience.
- The incumbent is required to hold a Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) clearance.
- Experienced with using, configuring and maintaining acoustic modelling software,
- Able to run batch jobs ingesting and processing large data sets,
- Comfortable using Windows and Linux. Programming (compiled or scripted) with Matlab, Fortran, C, html, php, java script and shell scripting.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:20
Job Family:Signal Processing Engineering
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective December 8, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.