The Leidos NISC IV team has an opening for a Java Developer to support the FAA in Oklahoma City, OK.
The Software Developer will provide engineering support for the maintenance and development of system software, including development of new requirements and software changes on National Airway Systems Engineering (NASE) systems and equipment.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Development of software systems or enhancements to existing systems or networks.
- Provides software support for development and maintenance of databases at the national and local level for Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) systems.
- Provides inputs as required for the development of operator, programmer, operations and maintenance, software users, and computer system diagnostic manuals where equivalent FAA or commercially developed documents are unavailable.
- Provides engineering review of software and hardware design data to ensure it meets the required performance criteria.
- Performs analysis, design, programming, and testing in support of proposed acquisitions of operational and support software
- Responsible for aiding in own self-development by being available and receptive to all training made available by the company.
- Plans daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description and supervisor’s instruction in such a way as to maximize personal output.
- Responsible for keeping own immediate work area in a neat and orderly condition to ensure safety of self and coworkers. Will report any unsafe conditions and/or practices to the appropriate supervisor and human resources. Will immediately correct any unsafe conditions to the best of own ability.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Electronics or Electrical Engineering from a school of engineering with at least one curriculum accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) plus four or more years of relevant work experience. In lieu of the engineering degree, additional years of experience will be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.