Leidos has a current opening for Senior Windows Administrator in Colorado Springs to assist TSA on the OPTIMA Program.
- Senior Administrator to MS Windows systems. Monitor, identify, track, and resolve issues to support an environment that includes Microsoft-based servers, databases, and workstations as well as VMware and Linux server instances.
- You will manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems supporting day-to-day operations for all client/server/storage/network devices.
- Provide support for server/router/firewall configuration and will perform security management and application performance optimization functions.
- Planning and implementing IT enhancements and undertaking project work.
- Identifying and correcting hardware and software issues.
- Implement patches and other configuration changes necessary to resolve security vulnerabilities.
- Providing support for calls and emails to ensure all interactions are timely and professional.
- Participating in the creation and ongoing maintenance of documentation ensuring that clear, concise, and accurate information is readily available to assist with incident resolution.
- Automate systems administration tasks using available tools and techniques in the environment (python, perl, powershell).
- Thoroughly vet and test automation solutions with appropriate stakeholders.
- Document efficiencies gained through automation activities.
- May require on-call support to resolve system outages or to conduct planned/unplanned system maintenance to minimize impact to customers.
- At least 10 years of experience operating and maintaining MS Windows systems and similar hardware and software.
- BS degree and 8 – 12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 – 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Knowledge of MS Hyper-V, MS Server 2012R2/2016, MS Remote Desktop Services Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), MS System Center Configuration Manager, MS domain infrastructure, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, DFS, Network Policy Server, MS Exchange 2013, MS Windows 10.
- Security Clearance: U.S Citizenship and ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Microsoft MCSE and MCSA certifications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Pay Range:Pay Range $78,000.00 - $120,000.00 - $162,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.