Leidos Corporate Group is looking for a Tax Paraprofessional to join the Tax Department located in Reston, VA. Our team works cross functionally within the Leidos organization to gather data for purposes of different tax calculations and we are looking for a detail oriented person to assist with streamlining these processes. This is a great opportunity to learn the business of Leidos and interact with people throughout the company.
- Assist the tax team with data gathering and data processing from sources such as the general ledger, contract database and other financial systems
- Gather and analyze data from multiple sources for purposes of various US tax calculations
- Assist with audit requests and notices by communicating with tax authorities and drafting written responses
- Assist with sales tax, business license, property tax & annual report compliance
- Reconcile various tax general ledger accounts, analyze monthly activity, maintain support for journal entries and certify in account reconciliation system
- Assist with tracking of various tax exemption certificates critical for maintaining local business licenses in several jurisdictions
- Supporting Tax Department with ad hoc requests from other areas of Leidos organization, including Legal, Treasury, Accounting
- Associates degree with 1-3 years of relevant Corporate accounting or tax experience (Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred)
- Desire and ability to learn various data systems and IT systems for purposes of extracting data
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite in particular Excel and use of pivot tables
- Must be detail oriented and possess effective organization skills
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and handle multiple projects/tasks
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.