Leidos has an exciting career opportunity in Reston, Va. for a mid-level Communications Content Manger to join the Corporate Communications & Marketing team to lead content promotion on the company’s intranet and distribution of all corporate email communications. The successful candidate will report to the Vice President, Internal Communications & Events and will work closely with communications teammates to ensure effective and efficient delivery of information and visibility for company initiatives. The Content Manager is responsible for overseeing the internal editorial calendar and ensuring Leidos’ intranet homepage engages and represents our global workforce. They will also be responsible for proofing, editing, formatting, and distributing all corporate email communications to the intended audience and developing newsletters to share information and drive engagement. The position requires mastery of multiple software platforms, proofreading/editing, and critical thinking. The successful candidate will be tech savvy, a grammar master, problem solver, adaptable in a fast-paced and highly visible environment, and easily balance multiple priorities. They must have unparalleled attention to detail, foresight, and good judgement coupled with dependability and confidence.
The Communications Content Manager is a critical member of the corporate Internal Communications team at Leidos, which plays a key role in facilitating employee engagement, information sharing, and advancing our culture of collaboration and innovation. We do this by partnering with executive leaders and functional organizations to execute their strategies and effectively flow timely and relevant information to targeted employee groups via multiple communication channels.
- Owns and manages the corporate intranet editorial calendar and cadence for all corporate email communications.
- Reviews and edits all corporate messages for grammar, consistency, AP style, and tone.
- Formats communications in our corporate email system, inserting content, links, images, and pertinent details to ensure communications are sent with clarity and accuracy.
- Acts as final reviewer and facilitates stakeholder review for key deliverables.
- Coordinates timing and distribution of all corporate communications to the appropriate audience.
- Ghost blogs leader messages to the appropriate intranet page on behalf of executive leaders, scheduling publication as needed based on approved communication plans.
- Manages all corporate distribution lists. Creates new distribution lists from company rosters, as needed, and periodically reviews distribution lists to ensure accuracy. Works with our IT team to problem resolve and create news distribution lists following mergers and acquisitions, reorganizations, etc.
- Manages Leidos’ intranet homepage involving multiple daily updates to promote content from executive leaders, functional teams, and content generated from the company’s global workforce.
- Develops a weekly newsletter sent to all Leidos employees recapping news stories, media articles, events, and company announcements.
- Develops graphics for the company intranet in line with our company visual identity that engages our global workforce and encourages readership of company news items.
- Determines the most appropriate channel to promote company news, initiatives, announcements, and employee generated content.
- Writes engaging headlines and summaries for key company news items promoted on the company intranet.
- Promotes company news items (e.g., press releases, events, announcements) and employee spotlights on the company intranet home page.
- Tracks and reports content sent and promoted on a weekly basis, including message open rates. Informs key stakeholders of open rates, as needed.
- Works with leaders and functional teams to increase visibility for intranet content from around the company.
- Develops a bi-weekly manager newsletter to help this key audience be aware of key initiatives, events, and resources.
- Supports intranet site and page development, as needed, to ensure effective communication.
- Leverages the team’s workflow management system for efficient and effective operations, workload tracking, and reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or related field from an accredited university.
- Minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in communications, marketing, or journalism.
- Superior English writing and editing skills. Expert grammar skills are required. Expert knowledge of, or ability to learn, AP Style preferred.
- Journalistic skills to write engaging headlines and summaries for what is often complex information.
- Proven ability to master multiple software platforms, including those for our intranet, corporate email, and workflow management.
- Basic knowledge of web design and HTML. Ability to navigate HTML and make changes/updates within code to produce the desired result.
- An eye for graphic design and strong ability to source and choose imagery to match news stories.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, and highly organized with a proven track record of meeting deadlines, often on very short notice.
- Proven track record of using good judgement to make editorial decisions.
- Proven ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge.
- Strong time management skills and ability to balance and advance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with stakeholders from around the company and at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to work and produce deliverables independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to thrive in a highly flexible, rapidly changing, collaborative work environment.
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness with a hands-on approach to problem solving.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office tools/programs, especially Outlook. Experience using Adobe Photoshop is a plus.
- Prior intranet management or internal communications experience.
- Experience working for or with government contractors and/or technology solutions providers.
- Experience using collaborative software and workflow management tools.
- Interest in science and technology and/or the government contracting space.
- Strong business sense and understanding of corporate communications best practices.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Internal Communications
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.