The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a talented Enterprise Data Architect in Baltimore, MD.
The successful candidate will have experience with collaborative technologies. The candidate must be able to work in a fast paced environment and must be very proactive in analyzing complex business requirements and solving issues. The candidate must be an articulate communicator with an ability to communicate technical results to the team. The Candidate will work with the Erwin Data Modeling Software (V 9.64) product to produce logical data models for a large scale enterprise environment
Specific roles & responsibilities for the Data Architect position include but not limited to the following:
- Serve as a principal data architect and team lead in data modeling, and requirement analysis.
- Shape the program execution approach to align with the SSA long-term technical roadmap
- Collaborate with government stakeholders and internal team to ensure solutions meet customer requirements and expectations.
- Utilize experience with logical data modeling in a large scale enterprise environment
- Identify and applying standards to a data model
- Use of Erwin data modeling software to produce logical data models (v 9.64)
- Use of logical modeling vs. physical modeling.
- Data analysis and logical data design
- Analytical skills and experience in extracting and understanding business requirements
- Verify/gather business requirements elicitation in both agile and waterfall lifecycles.
Education and Experience: Requires BS degree and 12 years of related technical experience.
- Experience transforming and mapping business and/or user requirements to logical data
- Experience in data quality identification and implementing data governance principles in an
enterprise data environment
- Experience with Software Development Lifecycle with both agile and waterfall projects.
- Proficiency with Erwin data modeling. and performance tuning.
- Extended experience with service oriented environment and best development practices.
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of iterative developments and applications of agile concepts
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including experience working directly with
customers to discuss their requirements and objectives
- Strong analysis, communication and problem-solving skills.
Requires ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.
- Previous SSA domain knowledge
- Experience using Erwin (Modelmart) modeling software 9.64
- Knowledge of database software and database concepts; such DB2/Oracle/Postgres/Greenplum
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.