Leidos is seeking a Systems Engineer, become part of the growing National Solutions Group with this exciting opportunity. We are looking for a collaborative and forward leaning individual who wants to tackle challenges and be a part of creating innovative solutions. This challenging and dynamic position is located in the Northern Virginia area on a new 5 year contract which will provide you with the opportunity to be part of something exciting with the ability to use your experience on this important, fast-paced, mission critical program. In return, Leidos will invest in you with a new enhanced leave plan and generous 401k, which are just a few of the great benefits. Ready to tackle your next challenge - then we want you on our team. This position will require a TS/SCI clearance with a poly.
- The selected individual will be responsible for supporting requirements management, coordination with Pivot badgeless team partners and CDRL development
- Leading in an agile environment with close collaboration with team members, government stakeholders and external development teams.
- Supporting daily systems requirements analysis, functional analysis, timeline analysis, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition, technical management, integration, system testing, and quality assurance.
- Support and verify service transitions across multiple environments including cloud infrastructures
- Support business process improvement and proposal development activities
- Ensure mission operations and baseline stability throughout transition activities
- Provide systems engineering technical support to special projects as needed
- Develop test plans that validate requirements
- U.S. citizen with Current TS/SCI access and Polygraph
- Bachelor Degree and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 of prior relevant experience.
- Additional experience may be substituted for a Degree.
- Must be capable of performing systems engineering activities in support of agile teams.
- Must be familiar with secure systems engineering and development.
- Must be comfortable working on multiple systems simultaneously.
- Must have strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be committed to adopting and adhering to best practices.
- Must be able to communicate clearly regarding technical options and trade-offs.
- Must be comfortable working both independently and with a team in a fast-moving environment.
- Previous experience with requirements management and creation, delivery and maintenance of CDRLs.
- Previous experience deploying capability into operations for our government customer.
- Domain understanding of the PIVOT mission or GEOINT processing.
- Creating system design artifacts in SysML, UML, DODAF or UAF
- Operating in an agile environment with other team members and government stakeholders.
- Experience working with a cloud-based system (AWS)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.