The Leidos Civil Treasury team is recruiting for a Cyber Threat Intrusion Analyst to support our customer in the Washington, DC area.
The Threat Analyst is responsible for tasks to include reviewing the Security Information Management (SIM) tool interface, performing daily intrusion detection sensor (IDS) monitoring to ensure that sensors are active, and reviewing alerts and packet-level data collected from intrusion detection sensors on a daily basis. The individual shall possess experience with network security, experience with vulnerability assessment tools and intrusion detection sensors and specific security certifications if applicable
- Interpret and compile information received about emerging threats at different classification levels through data feeds from internet security firms, government organizations, private industry and foreign governments into actionable monitoring either by developing custom content or by some other means.
- Review information from the intelligence community and law enforcement agencies as well as analyze threat information, determine the risk to the Department of the Treasury, and develop and/or recommend mitigations and/or countermeasures.
- Be able to interpret analytics specific to the identification and detection of data exfiltration, Denial of Service (D/DoS), beaconing, covert channels, policy violations that introduce significant cybersecurity risk, and malicious email senders in order to identify security incidents that impose risk to the Treasury network.
- Provide support for detection, prevention, and response to threats posed by malicious, negligent or compromised insiders by maintaining in-depth visibility into the Treasury Enterprise and having a means of filtering and prioritizing threat data into concise and actionable intelligence.
- U. S. Citizen
- Active Top Secret/SCI Clearance or ability to obtain
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology discipline from an accredited college or university is required or 8 years of experience on IT/cybersecurity
- At least 5 years of experience working in a SOC or similar monitoring center.
- Well versed in internet communication protocols and shall demonstrate the ability to develop via scripted language or other tools, or the ability to define via comprehensive methodology and analytics that assist in the identification of anomalous activities that might not otherwise be observed through traditional means of detection.
- Prefer at least one of the following certifications (or similar relevant certification): CASP, GCIH, GCWN, GISF, GISP, GSSP, GICSP, GSSP, SEI, CISSP, CCSP, CSSLP, SSCP, CCNP, CCNP Security, CCIE Security, CEH, ECSP, MCSE, RHCA, RHCE, VCP, VCAP, VCIX, VCDX
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:0
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Cyber Operations
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.