At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainable. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
If this sounds like a mission you want to be a part of, keep reading!
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world.
Your greatest work is ahead!
Every position we take is more rewarding when you know the why behind it. Know your work makes a difference to support those who need it most. If your passion is enabling life changing service to those around you this is the place for you. Find you passion in a team environment where all members are valued regardless of contractor or employee status. We are excited for you to take your place in our Leidos Family.
Find your “Why” with us and begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career!
Share your resume with us today!
Leidos is seeking a Senior Full Stack (Java) Software Developer for Baltimore location.
The Senior Full Stack (Java) Software Developer is an accomplished technical leader, proactive customer-focused advocate, a team player with substantial software engineering experience. The candidate will provide hands-on experience with enterprise software development, integration, implementation, test automation, and SOA/Microservice architecture to a cross-functional software development team. The ideal candidate will have a good foundation with Java, JEE platform, Microservice architecture, REST, Angular, Typescript, Web Content Accessibility/USDS, UX, and SQL/Data Modelling.
The candidate must demonstrate a willingness to learn new innovative technologies and overcome technical challenges in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will play a key role in modernizing legacy applications leveraging cloud computing, DevOps, or Big Data technologies.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Architect, design, code, and implement next-generation web application using software engineering best practices in the latest technologies:
- Single Page Application front-end (Angular, React, NodeJS, Sass, Typescript)
- Spring Framework (Boot, Cloud, Security, Data)
- DevOps (Jenkins, Red Hat OpenShift, Docker, SonarQube, UrbanCode)
- Provide software expertise in one or more of these areas: Java application integration, Java enterprise services, service oriented architectures (SOA), security, business process management/business rules processing, user experience (UX) and accessibility (Section 508/WCAG/USDS Web Standards)
- Investigate and repair application defects regardless of component: front-end, business logic, middleware, or database (PL/SQL and Data Modeling).
- Brief management, customer, team, or vendors using written or oral skills at appropriate technical level for audience
- All other duties as assigned or directed
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, or a related field
- Master’s or Doctorate’s degree may substitute for required experience
- 11+ years of experience with full lifecycle development
- 7+ years of experience with Java systems/application analysis & design
- 4+ years of combined experience SOA/Microservice architecture/RESTful web service
- 2+ years of combined experience with building responsive UIs with modern front end technologies (React, Angular, Node, Typescript, Bootstrap)
- Experience in an Agile development team, preferably Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- U.S. citizen or legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship
Key Required Skills: Java EE, React, Agile development, relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, or Oracle), and SOA/Microservice architecture
- Solid experience with building responsive UIs with modern front end technologies (React, Angular, Node, Typescript, Bootstrap)
- Excellent experience with Spring Framework (Boot, Batch, Cloud, Security, Data)
- Excellent knowledge with Java EE, Java generics and concurrent programming.
- Solid knowledge of relational databases (PostgreSQL, DB2, Oracle), SQL, and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate, Spring JDBC)
- Solid experience with automated unit testing, TDD, BDD, and associated technologies (Junit, Mockito, Cucumber, Selenium, Karma/Jasmine)
- An in-depth knowledge of Social Security Administration (SSA) modern development environment
- Preferred experience with delivery (CI/CD) best practices and DevOps to production
- Preferred experience with PaaS using Red Hat OpenShift / Kubernetes, and Docker containers
- Preferred experience with AWS cloud technologies or other cloud platforms
Effective October 1, in order to enter Leidos facilities in the US and to attend Leidos business events outside our facilities, employees will be required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. Effective January 18, 2022, all Leidos employees must be fully vaccinated (2 weeks past final dose) unless they are entitled to a legal accommodation. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.