Leidos works with NASA to help NASA improve its computing environment and drive to satisfy the end user in all computing activities - desktop, mobile, support services, service desk, and service catalog. To help make this a reality, Leidos is seeking to fill an Operations Leadership role.
The candidate will be a key member of the NASA NEST Operations Team and will be responsible for technical planning, system hardware-software-network design, development and integration, verification and validation, and fielding of systems. Candidate will act in a lead role in directing the operations of the NASA NEST computing environment by managing a team that is responsible for client and server administration, backup/restore and service availability across the Linux, macOS, Windows platforms as well as Cloud Services.
The assignment will also involve the analysis and support of the NASA NEST collaboration environment that will encompass devices from smartphones to servers and software from smart messaging applications to cloud-based Office 365 and SharePoint Online and backup, etc.
The candidate will play a key role in keeping the NASA computing environment operational, reliable and secure.
Partners with the NEST Operations Manager and NASA NEST customer representatives to help define the computing environment for NASA. Recommends and develops new technical solutions, products, and/or standards in support of functions strategy and operational guidance to help improve the operation of the NASA NEST computing environment and driving cost savings through efficiency.
• Continually assesses the entire NASA NEST computing environment spanning over 20 physical sites supporting 60,000 users with multiple computing platforms (e.g., Linux, Windows, macOS, iOS, Android) to develop new solutions and processes to drive innovation, efficiency and NASA customer satisfaction.
• Ensures that the status of the computing components - servers, backups, patching, etc. - in the NASA computing environment achieves the highest level of security and reliability. Identifies and drives changes, when needed, to improve the computing environment.
• Rallies all key parties (across NASA and NASA contractors) to engage in the resolution of critical issues in a timely manner.
• Can be relied upon to communicate NEST strategic and tactical directions and status to all levels of NASA and Leidos leadership.
• Demonstrates technical leadership in Windows, macOS and Linux.
• Creates and leads teams, as needed, from within NEST and other contracts to enable the delivery of high quality services across NASA.
• Leads by example and coaches staff to reach their true potential.
• Demonstrated ability to lead technical teams - both small and large - to design and deliver solutions to address IT service issues.
• Outstanding communication skills - written and oral. Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate solutions to an audience regardless of organizational level or technical acumen.
• Outstanding negotiation skills. Ability to work across organizational (both customer and internal) and contractual boundaries to address issues and create solutions to improve the NASA end-user experience.
• Operational knowledge of Cloud computing and migration strategies to leverage Cloud services
• Detailed operational knowledge of all key operational items - desktop creation/support, monitoring solutions (e.g., SCOM, SolarWinds, etc.), enterprise patching solutions (e.g., Jamf, SCCM, BigFix), backup solutions (e.g., NetBackup, Veritas), storage solutions (e.g., EMC, NetApp, 3PAR)
• Demonstrated knowledge of, and experience with, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Exchange 2016 and Office 365.
• Demonstrated ability to lead the resolution of key enterprise issues - ranging from networking issues to desktop issues to Exchange to application support.
• Proven experience working in a geographically dispersed government environment.
• Demonstrated outstanding analytical and technical skills to cut through complex technical issues to reach timely resolutions of complex technical issues.
• Demonstrated knowledge of IT enterprise security-related activities - vulnerability management, intrusion detection, vulnerability resolution, CP testing, etc.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Windows enterprise management components - OUs, STIGs, Group Policies, Security Groups, etc.
• Detailed knowledge of authentication techniques - CAC/PIV, AD/ADFS, CAs, etc.
• Demonstrated ability to lead an ITIL-process based team using an ITSM system. ServiceNow is preferred.
• Detailed technical knowledge of Windows, macO and Linux operating systems.
• ITIL v3 certification is required.
• MCSA certification required. MCSE preferred.
• Detailed planning skills using MS Project
• Microsoft MCSE certification a plus.
• Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP) a plus
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) a plus
• PMP preferred, not required
• Networking certification (e.g., CCNA) a plus
• CISSP desirable but demonstrated IT security operations experience is sufficient.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE: Requires BS degree and 12 – 15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10 – 13 years of prior relevant experience. May possess a Doctorate in technical domain.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.