Leidos is seeking a Training Lead to support the Defense Healthcare Management Systems (DHMSM) contract Training Team, in Vienna, VA. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMSM Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our proposed EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required. The DHMSM system will provide important health IT capabilities to 9.6 million active military, their families, and their beneficiaries. The system will replace the current EHR AHLTA/CHCS, which Leidos built and currently provides sustainment services at locations around the world.
The Training Lead will work directly with the Program Director, Deputy Program Director, Adoption Manager and Deployment Lead and is responsible for the management of the training team across content development and classroom execution. This role provides day to day project management of a training team which manages the training strategy and execution of instructor-led classroom, instructor-led virtual, CBT, and over-the-shoulder training. The Training Lead is responsible for coordination of on-site training activities with the DHMSM government training and deployment operations staff. In addition to training delivery, this role is responsible for strategy development and execution of all training content development tasks. This includes classroom and computer based content development, train the trainer programs, training domain management and oversight of a training management system coordinator. In addition, the training lead is responsible for the management of training processes, identifying training needs, and resolving training problems. In this role the Training Lead will serve as the manager and liaison between our internal team and the client to ensure that all targets and requirements are completed on schedule and within scope. The Training Lead will also oversee the multiple control account managers who support the DHMSM Training team with responsibility for cost, schedule and performance of the training deployment effort.
This position provides expertise in support of training operations of the EHR system and recommends solutions to ensure the effectiveness of the DOD health care delivery to optimize productivity and efficient utilization of resources. The successful candidate will rely on a technology or health background. Experience with federal contracting a plus, but not required.
- Assist the Program Director with managing the overall training roadmap
- Manage 5-8 Leidos employees, as well as subcontract employees to deliver both adoption and deployment training content
- Manage cost projections on each wave of training costs.
- Become the Government's key point of contact for training and provide overall leadership and guidance for all Leidos and its partner personnel assigned to that area on the program.
- Work with the Government APMs on coordination, scheduling, training standards, and overall training delivery execution and reporting
- Responsible for managing all aspects of the Leidos training for the MHS GENESIS system including the management of all Leidos and subcontractor professionals to create and deliver training content.
- Coordinate all training project management efforts at MTFs/sites as assigned, and provide oversight and management of Training Project Managers
- Oversee development of training Schedules (Oversight of development of schedules with all project managers)
- Identify and oversee execution of needs analysis for evaluating the effectiveness of course objectives, student evaluation and learning assessments
- Define the Control Account (CA) work scope, schedule and budget, and monitor performance of assigned Control Accounts (CA), authorizing and directing CAM work. Identify/document schedule and risks, verification and control of costs charged to the Training Control Account, and oversee formal cost and schedule variance analysis and development of recovery plans.
- Participate in Program Reviews, Integrated Baseline Reviews (IBRs) and other program or management reviews
- Leverage experience with staff logistics, scheduling and provisioning for large, complex, long duration training programs
- Requires a BA/BS or equivalent experience and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10+ years of prior relevant experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Public Trust Clearance. Contract requirement.
- Must have experience with EVM or ability to coach /supervise CAM team members
- Strong project management experience leading teams and engaging with a highly visible customer.
- Experience with managing Training operations.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including the proven ability to work across different audiences, personalities and experience levels.
- Ability to analyze data and information and make recommendations to program management.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, including the proven ability to handle multiple complex projects simultaneously with multiple audiences and against deadlines.
- Flexible and available to travel approximately 50%.
- Experience in large scale IT deployment projects.
- Working knowledge of EVMS, or ability to learn, scheduling processes to include use of Microsoft Project software, and integration of EVMS processes with Risk Management is preferred
- Experience in healthcare training delivery.
- Experience with small business/third party staffing supplier relations and management desired
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.