Looking for an opportunity to make an impact?
Leidos is seeking an Administrative Business Partner to join our Saxton Lab team! You will be a key part to the business operations and R&D program activities of the Leidos team focused on connected vehicle research. At the Saxton Transportation Operations Lab located just outside DC, we advance connected and automated vehicle technologies for the FHWA by developing, testing, and demonstrating new capabilities associated with vehicle-to-vehicle and vehicle-to-infrastructure communication. Our ideal teammate is motivated by variety, efficiency, self-teaching, and taking ownership of problems until their resolution.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
In this role, you will support the organization in a variety of day–to-day operations and administrative tasks. You will collaborate with both program/project managers and engineers to anticipate administrative and business process conflicts, and work to resolve them in real time. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is seeking a front row seat to a fast-paced research environment and wants to grow their office/administrative skills. The ideal candidate is well organized, detailed, and has a passion for technology and smart solutions. A strong candidate will have a background in an administrative role that demonstrates ability to see connections across topic areas as well as have the ability to generate formal output based on bullet points or in collaboration with topic area experts.
Location: McLean, VA – 5 days a week
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Efficiently execute advanced administrative tasks in an on-site customer Research and Development (R&D) Lab and office environment as well as remotely from a home office when the site is unavailable.
- Procurement of goods and services to support the lab and research activities.
- Coordinate maintenance of the office environment and testbed facilities.
- Support the Communications and Marketing team with data collection and presentation support.
- Support a variety of technical projects.
- Coordination of archival records (e.g., past deliverables, calendars, schedules, etc.)
- Handle email and telephone correspondence in a professional manner.
- Manage and maintain documents within Leidos SharePoint and team collaboration tools.
- Track and report program activities to multiple audiences (public, internal management, etc)
- Work on assignments that are routine in nature while also developing business solutions to improve efficiency and performance.
- Must be willing to learn technical topics, and work in a Technical Research environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with 2 years of experience in an office environment, or High School diploma with 4 years of progressively challenging office experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Experience with SharePoint or other similar cloud-based team collaboration tools.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust clearance.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to pass DMV background check
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills.
- Enjoys multi-tasking, diverse work, and quick completion.
- Ability to support lab manager in maintaining clean equipment and facilities.
- Ability to see connections among disparate information sources, manage interdependencies, and foresee and mitigate potential issues and scheduling conflicts.
- Desire to learn and grow, and an ability to self-teach with minimal guidance.
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to work well under deadlines and changes.
Extra Consideration given for:
- Prior experience in government contracting.
- Passion for science and technology.
- Prior experience supporting and working on Proposal teams.
- Familiarity with business development operations.
- Advanced MS Office utilities and computer skills such as VBA Coding
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.