Leidos is seeking an experienced Personnel Security Specialist who is responsible for developing and implementing personnel security training, and audit report quality reviews for a centralized personnel security service organization.
Please note that this position will allow one day per week telecommute.
This position supports the Security Service Center (SSC), Facility Security Officers, and other field security teams through continuously striving for improved data, standard operating processes and developing the infrastructure for quality, error-free reporting. The selected candidate will;
- Assist in development of a standardized training plan for initial and recurring personnel security team training.
- Train/oversee initial training for all new hires for the SSC team, including systems, databases, standard operating procedures, and standard clearance processes.
- Develop training aides, handouts, and desktop references.
- Assist with maintaining standard operating procedures by conducting regular reviews and recommending updates.
- Facilitate and conduct training with local security teams, to include Facility Security Officers, Contract Program Security Officers, and Program Security Representatives.
- Assist with managing the Security Service Center audit reports. Update security system of record, and assign data clean-up when appropriate team members, based on existing audit reports.
- Perform regular reviews of Security Information Management System (SIMS) documentation to reduce error rates. Work directly with SSC managers to assign corrections.
We’re looking for talent with excellent communications, critical thinking, and collaboration skills to function in a high-paced, dynamic environment, as well as the ability to work independently, and as part of a great team.
- High School Diploma and 5+ years relevant experience.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- High level of attention to detail, and able to work independently, with little oversight.
- Experience developing training materials, training aids, and policies and procedures.
- This positions requires a great deal of interactions with the Leidos Security Team, SSC Management, and individual team members.
- Understanding of DOD and IC personnel security policies and guidance.
- Advanced knowledge of Defense Information Security System (DISS) and Security Information Management System (SIMS).
- Active Top Secret clearance a must.
- 5 years personnel security administrative, or management experience.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently, while at the same time being a solid group contributor with strong leadership skills.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.