We are excited to announce our opening for a Supply Chain Engineer on our Material Operations & Strategies team in the greater DC region (Rockville, MD or Reston, VA)! The role of the Supply Chain Engineer (SCE) will include, but not limited to, working as liaison between program engineering and sourcing organization, identifying and mitigating program risks and opportunities as they pertain to material requirements; reporting/tracking all program material bailment activities; assist program in achieving program material budget objectives; participating in program purchase requirements from engineering perspective; participating in sourcing process improvement projects (both Supply Chain and Program); resolving Supply Chain issues for the program and resolving program material cost problems. The SCE reports to the Material Operations & Strategies Associate Director and is directly aligned with the Program office representing Material Operations & Strategies. The SCE is an extension of the corporate shared services for supply chain related support. Additionally, the SCE is responsible for all activities associated with researching and recommending suppliers and products effective to the customer mission. The SCE works closely with the Material Planner organization to ensure the review of purchase requisitions for clarity, compliance, detail, completeness, regulatory compliance and obtain additional information considered necessary. Some travel may be required.
- Serves as Procurement Engineer in the Material Operations & Strategies organization with interaction with numerous HW, SW, Cloud & Cyber manufacturers and technical teams within Leidos.
- Candidate will solve problems in Cost/Value Engineering, Affordability, and Technical Solutions.
- Candidate is responsible for providing innovative technical solutions and sourcing strategies that drive down cost (market research, engaging with Category Managers/Supplier Relationship Managers, etc.)
- Candidate works with Solution Architects to define technical requirements by engaging suppliers
- Candidate works with program team to understand material requirements and collaborate on program strategy
- Candidate will also have job responsibilities associated with Supplier Management, Program Strategy Development, Program Material Acquisition, Business Process Re-Engineering, and Procurement Tool deployments.
- This individual should be a self-starter and someone that is flexible and is able to work independently.
- Technical bachelor's degree from an accredited college, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 2 to 4 years of prior relevant professional experience or Master’s degree with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience
- 3+ years-experience in areas of project planning, scheduling, coordination, with a demonstrated history of developing technical solutions that meet program requirements. MUST possess background in Technology.
- Strong understanding in acquisition of IT HW, IT SW, Cloud, Cyber, and XaaS technologies
- Experience with supplier coordination including hardware and software selection, maintenance issues, and problem resolution.
- Demonstrated experience interfacing across multiple organizations and program levels simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and work under tight time constraints.
- Experience as a Team Lead/Leader in prior relevant assignment.
- Strong written and oral communications skills at all levels both internally and externally with customers and suppliers
- Working knowledge of MS Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project)
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Security Clearance
- PMP certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.