Leidos Enterprise & Cyber Solutions Defense team is seeking a Unix Systems Administrator to support a critical defense contract. Work will be performed on customer site in Ft Huachuca, AZ and an Interim Secret Clearance is required to begin work on the program.
- Supporting a 24x7 enterprise support organization, providing daily maintenance of RedHat Linux and Solaris UNIX systems.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining servers using the RedHat Linux and or Solaris operating system based on internally developed processes
- Monitoring log files, performance issues, and the production environment for mission critical systems
- Participating in an on-call rotation for UNIX/Linux support issues
- Following standard operating procedures to ensure the security posture of the environment
- Engaging in continuous learning to stay abreast on new and emerging technologies that relate to the Linux environment
- Working independently as well as with a team member
- Demonstrating ability to set priorities and organize work to meet deadlines
- Ensuring compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines
- Maintaining a cooperative working relationship with those contacted during the workday
- Must hold an active in scope SECRET clearance or have the ability to obtain Interim SECRET eligibility prior to start. (US Citizenship required)
- Must hold high school diploma and 6 year of Information Technology (IT) experience, or AA/AS and 4 years or BA/BS 2 years at minimum
- Must hold current DOD 8570 IAT II certification (CCNA-Security, CND, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP) prior to start.
- Able to obtain RHCSA or similar Linux OS professional certificate within 180 days of hire
- Support on-call rotation and after duty hours as needed
- Able to learn and work within the UNIX environment
- Communicates effectively both orally and in a written form with users and office staff
- Works independently and within a team structure
- Sets priorities and organizes work to meet deadlines
- Server Administration experience
- VI Editor experience
- Fast paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- May require periods of non-traditional working hours including consecutive nights or weekends (if applicable)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$3000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.