The Leidos DPAS project team is seeking an entry Technical Writer. After initial "ramp up time", telework is approximately 60% with 2 days a week at the Camp Hill, PA site expected--you must reside within a commutable distance of the office for this position. You must be able to obtain a SECRET CLEARANCE after hire. To be eligible for a clearance, you must be a U.S. Citizen.
In this role you would be responsible for writing high-quality, easy-to-understand user interface text, online help, and developer guides for the Defense Property Accountability System (DPAS) program audience. Proficiencies include excellent written and spoken communication, exceptional attention to detail, as well as comprehensive knowledge of MadCap Flare and the Microsoft Office suite of products. In order to be successful, you should have strong interpersonal skills, proactive problem-solving abilities, and an aptitude for both independent focus and team collaboration.
• Collaborate with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
• Consistently produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience
• Continuously enhance grasp of complex technical concepts and deliver them with regards to a pre-determined style sheet and standards
• Ensure the quality and consistency of both existing and potential content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
• Maintain the information architecture
• Periodically take responsibility for entire processes within a technical area
• Complete assigned tasks by a deadline and with minimal supervision
• BA Degree and less than two years of experience
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
• Prior knowledge of Department of Defense (DoD) agencies
• Prior working knowledge of technical writing standards (style sheets, opinion on the Oxford comma, HTML, etc…)
• Prior knowledge of the application development lifecycle
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$2,000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 50%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Writing and Editing
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.