This position provides support to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Power Services Group (PSG) under the National Air-Space Implementation Support Contract (NISC). In this role you will support the Federal Aviation Administration's (FAA) NISC support team with the goal of providing outstanding customer service to the FAA’s Power Services Group (PSG) and its 12 electrical power system areas. The program ensures that NAS Air Traffic Control operational electrical needs are met with high quality, robust, reliable, fault tolerant electrical power. Additionally, the program sustains and supports the existing electrical power components and systems that include prime power, power conditioning, power regulation, power distribution, backup power, grounding, monitoring, and electrical power cable infrastructure.
- Originate projects in Corporate Work Plan (CWP) for PSG’s programs
- Update and maintain project info in Corporate Work Plan (CWP) per PM’s direction, including but not limited to RAM, cost estimate, baseline scopes, etc
- Update project schedules in Primavera (P6) and keep schedule dates in sync with the tracking sheet timely
- Collaborate with Federal Government clients to identify program needs; document necessary actions, and track milestones and timelines to support overall program execution and future development
- Assist FAA program managers with implementation issues as they arise and assist with facilitating communications between SMEs
- Assist with project planning, cost estimating, scheduling, coordination, installation, inspection, ensure accuracy of design, products, and timeliness of project completions
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate project activities to meet milestones and deadlines, working directly with stakeholders and contractors
- Understand FAA Risks, Issues, Opportunities (RIO) process and support program office in documenting RIOs for all the PSG Programs
- Collect data from PSG programs in order to generate reports and analytics
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor Degree with at least 4 to 8 years of experience or additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement.
- Advanced level working in Excel and strong analytical skills
- Familiarity with Corporate Work Plan (CWP) and Primavera or any project scheduling tool to originate projects, update projects, track project statuses, and close out completed projects
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Engineering Scheduling tools and applications, and be able to use the Internet as a gathering and communicating tool
- Must be able to effectively communicate in the written and verbal form. Must accomplish clear and concise general and technical writing and tactfully coordinate with a variety of project stake holders, peers and management levels
- Must have ability to maintain an electronic project folder (as required) related to site preparation and equipment installation problems
- Ability to conduct efficient, organized data gathering, and data analysis. Ability to develop project plans, establish project schedules, project estimates
- Work independently while maintaining a positive relationship
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Previous work experience supporting FAA programs is highly preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:1000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.