The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN). The Chief Programmer is responsible for all software product development/delivery for all custom code projects on SENS3. He/she oversees the design, development, documentation, testing and fielding includes assessing, allocating new and reallocating existing functional requirements, and accordingly modifying a system-of-systems currently in service. The Chief Programmer applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle. He/she supports the Program Manager, by managing all software engineering related budgets and schedules. This position is located in Lorton, VA
- The team is involved in the deployment and maintenance of operational private and non-private cloud deployed solutions.
- The candidate will have knowledge and experience working in both AWS and, build out new servers, both Microsoft and Red Hat Linux, and build routing architectures for both internal and external agencies.
- The candidate will have knowledge of how to work with deployment tools, Java, XML, Jira, Docker, and other modern tools.
- Performing these responsibilities will include significant collaboration and coordination with external customers, management, subcontractors, vendors, and other engineering disciplines.
- Launch and lead development team to maintain and deploy customized portal application utilizing modern web components
- Designed and implemented application architecture in AWS to deploy a Docker-based hosting solution
- Integrated CI workflow with Jenkins Pipeline to automatically deploy application to live demo environment to share with stakeholders
- Interfaced with customers to create and translate requirements into Agile backlog to deliver in 2 week sprints
- Manage multiple independent software project teams to deliver objectives across cloud and non-cloud platforms
- Manage Oracle ADF Java application to document code base and develop new features
- Performed O&M activities to support operational capabilities with 500+ users
- BS or Master’s Degree accompanied with 12+ years’ related experience.
- Technical experience in systems engineering, system architecture, software engineering, software architecture, and/or related fields
- Experience in either cloud infrastructure development projects or software integration projects in a service-oriented environment (Cloud, SOA, Web-Services) or virtualization environment.
- Experience in AWS and Azure/Cloud technologies
- Understanding of Cloud deployment applications
- Understanding of code baseline management
- Knowledge of the Architectural, SW Development and SW Sustainment Practices
- Must currently possess an active TS/SCI with ability to gain DHS EOD
Covid Guidance for the US
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 44,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Beware of fake employment opportunities using Leidos’ name. Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information during any part of the employment application process (i.e., ask you for money), nor will Leidos ever advance money as part of the hiring process (i.e., send you a check or money order before doing any work). Further, Leidos will only communicate with you through emails that are generated by the Leidos.com automated system – never from free commercial services (e.g., Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or via WhatsApp, Telegram, etc. If you received an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information (e.g., about you or your previous employer), and you are concerned about its legitimacy, please make us aware immediately by emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe you are the victim of a scam, contact your local law enforcement and report the incident to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.