Leidos is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Geospatial Algorithm Developer to join the Engineering, Implementation, Science, Operations, and Communications (EISOC) program to support the NASA/Jet Propulsion Laboratory team in Pasadena, CA on groundbreaking space missions. Jet Propulsion Laboratory uses EISOC to develop new space systems and flight software, and provide engineering, training, and operations support. The selected candidate for this position will work as part of a larger team and will have significant interaction with internal analysts, developers, system engineers as well as external partners and the sponsor.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of a larger team developing, reviewing, testing and maintaining geospatial image processing algorithms, focusing on photogrammetric/geomatics applications using data form multiple sensors and platforms.
- Work within the team to provide algorithm specification, design, and implementation for multi-mission operational image processing data system and mapping of imagery obtained during remote-sensing operations.
- Work as part of the team that is responsible for the advanced integration and automation of processes associated with the extraction of information from the sensor data, its compilation into 3D spatial databases, and subsequent exploration, management and archiving.
- Help assure the state-of-the-art capabilities in detection, identification, correlation and extraction of data in support of remote sensing mapping.
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Geomatics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics of related technical discipline with a minimum of 5 years of related experience; OR a Master’s degree with 3 years of related experience; or a PhD with 1 year of related experience.
- This position requires a U.S. Citizen who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.
- The work will be performed in Pasadena CA.
- Advanced knowledge in one OR more of the following fields: (Digital photogrammetry, image understanding, stereo vision, optimization algorithms).
- Broad knowledge in one OR more of the following related fields: (Numerical analysis, data analysis, mathematical modeling).
- Experience in programming in Python and C/C++ in Linux environment.
- Understanding and application of standard software engineering principles, especially with respect to unit and regression testing.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to work in a team environment.
- Must have Active TS/SCI security clearance upfront.
- Experience with AWS.
- Experience using Git, a revision control system.
- Exposure to Agile software development.
- Familiarity with Anaconda and conda environments.
- Experience working with a team to turn prototype algorithms into delivered software products.
- Experience managing software build processes with CMake in Linux environment.
- Understanding of concepts of large-volume data processing.
We value and support the well-being and mobility of our employees with competitive benefit packages, complementary e-learning training, work-life flexibility, an exciting External Referral Program, and a diverse, inclusive and ethical work place. In fact, in 2020, Leidos was ranked as one of the “World's Most Ethical Companies” by the Ethisphere Institute for the third consecutive year.
In order to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos events outside our facilities, employees are required to be vaccinated for COVID-19 or maintain proof of a negative COVID-19 test within 96 hours of entry. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated to access customer facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible. If you have any questions, please contact your Talent Acquisition POC.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $13.7 billion for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.