Are you looking for a unique, innovative and challenging IT position? Our customer maintains a highly demanding mission and requires our support to provide expert technical and professional management support to the commands enterprise Information Technology (IT) services. The NORAD/USNORTHCOM Command Center (N2C2) IT Support Team Lead will support a program service to improve, enhance and optimize performance of multiple networks, devices and capabilities maintained by NORAD & USNORTHCOM.
As the N2C2 Service Lead, you will support a program that provides sustainment, maintenance, problem and change management services to help ensure secure, reliable, and uninterrupted availability of the Department of Defense IP networks. This position reports directly to the Technical Operations Manager.
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Clearance: Minimum active Top Secret required to start, must be eligible to obtain Top Secret/SCI
• Leads an all-star team of Information and Technology (IT) technicians responsible for the maintenance and sustainment of all systems under the NORAD/USNORTHCOM Command Center (N2C2) area of responsibility
• Works with the Network Operations Center, and Technical Operations Team to identify existing on ongoing issues associated with the N2C2 IT infrastructure
• Lead efforts to do front line triage on incidents and provide Tier 1/2 level support to users
• Develops functional requirements through interaction with end-users and coordinates with support teams on systematic enhancements or changes
• Have the ability to learn and train N2C2 IT technicians as needed
• Identify and recommend opportunities for performance improvement of hardware, software and any supporting infrastructure and supporting services by employing IT Service Management (ITSM) best practices
• Employ continual improvement processes to effectively measure and enhance N2C2 Operations performance, productivity, knowledge and profitability based on N2C2 performance metrics.
• Ensure that all support requests are well documented in the IT ticketing system from the creation of the ticket to the successful resolution and provide clear understanding of open ticket status
• Communicating with internal customers, team members and management regularly during all aspects of N2C2 operations and ongoing technical issues
• Identify problems and implement solutions, identify, recommend, develop, and implement customer training programs to increase computer literacy and self-sufficiency
• Provide thorough triaging of tickets
• Provide written and oral communications, make recommendations for improving documentation
• Provide recommendations on issues/problems identified and reported in trend analysis
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline with 3+ years of overall related experience (additional years of directly applicable experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree)
• Must hold an active Top Secret/SCI clearance
• Hold DoD-8570 IAT II baseline certification (Security+ce) and CompTIA A+ prior to start date
• Able to lead an IT technical team support staff 24x7x365 days a year
• Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach team members
• Demonstrated understanding and experience with NIPRNet
• Demonstrated understanding and experience with SIPRNet
• Ability to work after hours, weekends, and holidays if needed
• Excellent written and oral communication, including the ability to confidently present to all levels of management
• Knowledge of and experience in applying ITIL principles and standards to improve incident resolution and customer service standards
• Able to effectively influence and develop strong relationships with key stakeholders
• Bachelor's degree in associated field
• DoD-8570 IAT III Certification
• ITIL Foundations Certification
• Excellent project, technical, interpersonal, presentation and problem management skills
• Ability to communicate orally, and in writing, detailed technical information on troubleshooting and implementation efforts
• Familiarization of NORAD/USNORTHCOM missions and DOD regulations and directives
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:$4000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Systems Support
Pay Range:Pay Range - -
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.