Leidos is seeking a Cyber Security Engineer that will be part of the Enterprise Security Services (ESS) team on the NOAA Cyber Security Center and Department of Commerce ESOC contract. Duties include designing, developing or recommending integrated system solutions ensuring proprietary/confidential data and systems are protected, participating with the client in the strategic design process to translate security and business requirements into technical designs, and configuring and validating secure systems, testing security products/systems to detect computer and information security weakness.
· Maintain and administer NOAA and DOC’s security scanner infrastructure to potentially include.
- Tenable Security Center
- WebInspect Enterprise implementation
- FireEye appliances
- Archer applications
- McAfee MVision Cloud Access Security Broker (CASB)
· Install, upgrade, and patch security applications
· Perform vulnerability scans
· Document ESS processes
· Create and maintain user accounts for enterprise systems
· Provide end-user support for all enterprise systems
· Bachelor's degree in technical field or equivalent experience with 4 years or prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience. Will consider years of experience, in lieu of degree.
· 4+ year of design, development, integration, implementation, operation and analysis of cyber security technologies
· 4+ years administering network appliances, security appliances, Windows or Linux devices
· Strong attention to details, works well with direction.
· Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and must be capable of the understanding, documenting, communicating and presenting technical issues in a non-technical manner to audiences with varying degrees of technical expertise
· Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance, specifically DoD/Top Secret Clearance or TS/SCI (Interim Secret required to start the contract).
· Active Secret clearance
· Experience with System Administration, Network Administration Network Security, Networking Standards, Network Protocols, NIST/FISMA standards and controls, SIEM platforms and security tools, Network Hardware Configurations
· Experience with one or more of the following:
- Python, Tenable, Webinspect, RSA Archer, CASB
· Experience in Security Operations Center (SOC)
· Active Security+, CISSP, Network+, CISCO, Splunk certifications
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Information Assurance
Pay Range:Pay Range $71,500.00 - $110,000.00 - $148,500.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.