Leidos is searching for a Systems Administrator, Senior for our team at the Capital Region Readiness Center (CRRC) in Martinsburg, WV. This position is onsite at that location. The position is for 6AM-2PM Monday to Friday Martinsburg, WV 25405.
Rate: $74,000 annual Salary
A Sr. System Administrator has the thorough knowledge to create plans to assure effective management, operations, and maintenance of systems and/or networks. Can prioritize work and identify high risk critical problems and dedicate appropriate resources. Has extensive knowledge of a wide variety of systems and networks to include high volume/high availability systems.
- Provide 24x7x365 “on site” monitoring/reporting/technical support of VACO equipment at the CRRC in Martinsburg, WV.
- To meet the need for 24x7x365 operations, the Contractor shall provide support for operations and monitoring of the infrastructure computing environment using VA provided tools located at the CRRC in Martinsburg, WV on a daily basis, including weekends, and federal holidays. The Contractor shall monitor VA Central Office (VACO) network, server, SAN equipment, environmental control equipment, including the environmental support systems and notify appropriate VA personnel (in accordance with the VA’s incident notification scheme) when any of this equipment fails and/or does not appear to be performing adequately. An example would be checking the function of the air conditioning system; i.e., look for warning lights and hot spots and monitor the temperature and humidity recorders in the computer room. Additional duties/responsibilities as follows but not limited to:
- Visually inspect all equipment throughout the facility to check the condition/status up to 2 times per 8-hour shift per day.
- Use VA-provided tools to monitor/report/troubleshoot/repair requested VACO equipment on a round the clock hourly basis;
- Provide immediate notification to designated VACO points of contact that are listed on the VACO incident response and notification document when a server or device is down, based upon VACO procedures; take corrective action based upon VA-provided documentation and/or direction, including but not limited to a server reboot, replacing hard drive, memory, NIC, motherboard.
- Build servers using VA procedures when directed;
- Windows File management expertise/groups/permissions
- Windows Active Directory modifications/security changes
- Provide VMware/vSphere support of monitoring, maintaining and troubleshooting virtual servers
- Occasional ethernet/TwinAx, Fiber cable installations
- Server Rack management including installing/de-installing equipment
- Record serial numbers and prepare decommissioned equipment for excessing, following established DECOM procedures
- Power devices up or down as required;
- Remediate servers that require patching or registry modifications when directed.
- Maintain a Shift Activity Turnover Report, recording all hardware, software problems and unusual incidents.
- Operations Support Report (The Contractor shall prepare and submit an Operations Support Report each morning at 6am ET each day on system status. The report shall include outstanding issues and the status of each issue. Will include the previous 3 shifts turnover reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other Engineering or Technical discipline is required with 5 years of experience. 8 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Strong background in Windows server 2008, 2012 and 2016
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with VMware through 6.X
- Experience with monitoring environments
- Experience working in data centers
- Problem solving skills and good documentation skills.
Expert-level skills in:
- Virtualization (Emphasis on VMware vCenter and Hyper-V is important as well)
- Familiarization with AWS or Azure Cloud solution
- Web hosting Infrastructure
- IIS (Knowledge of non-Microsoft web servers like Apache is helpful too)
- Content management (Content publishing tools, CDNs, etc.)
- Load Balancing
- Public and private cloud infrastructure and concepts
- Databases (Microsoft SQL, MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc.)
- Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016, 2019
High-level skills in:
- Common network protocols and services (TCP/IP, SSL/TLS, DNS, etc.)
- Network routing and firewalls.
- Storage protocols (Fiber Channel, Fiber Channel over Ethernet, iSCSI)
- Windows Server 2008R2, 2012R2, 2016, 2019
- Monitoring software with SolarWinds
- Linux administration (Satellite, Ansible)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.