UNLEASH YOUR POTENTIAL - The Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation is seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer in Test.
At Leidos, we deliver innovative solutions through the efforts of our diverse and talented people who are dedicated to our customers’ success. We empower our teams, contribute to our communities, and operate sustainably. Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. Our Mission, Vision, and Values guide the way we do business.
Are you ready for your next career challenge?
We are in search of a Test Lead/Senior Software Development Engineer in Test to join the ASPR Ready team within the Government Health and Safety Solutions Operation. As a core member of the ASPR Ready team, you will play a valuable part building a transformative response and preparedness IT ecosystem. ASPR Ready is being built to modernize disaster data management and facilitate the HHS Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response’s (ASPR) response and business lifecycle with transformative technologies. Furthermore, ASPR Ready will address ASPR’s response workforce process challenges by increasing intra-agency collaborations, strengthening IT security, and streamlining data management for ASPR.
If this sounds like the kind of environment where you can thrive, keep reading!
Leidos’ Health Group is recognized as a Top 10 Health IT provider. We draw on decades of success to deliver a range of solutions and services designed to meet the healthcare challenges of today. From the research bench to the patient bedside, we are a company of scientists, engineers, and technologists delivering a broad range of impactful, customizable, and scalable solutions to hospitals and health systems, biomedical organizations, and every U.S. federal agency focused on health. Leidos works with customers across the continuum of care to improve clinical, operational, and financial outcomes with innovative solutions that advance the next generation of care. Our mission is to contribute to creating a healthier world. To explore and learn more, click here!
Are you ready to make an impact? Begin your journey of a flourishing and meaningful career, share your resume with us today!
- Contribute across the software development lifecycle by ensuring that testing is considered during product design, definition, implementation, and refinement.
- Make decisions that result in scalable ways of automating quality testing for continuous delivery.
- Help to define the best technique for testing changes: end-to-end tests, web service tests, unit tests, or others.
- Serve as protector and defender of the test code, bringing anti-patterns to light and advocating for better test patterns.
- Develop and execute test plans and support and extend existing validation frameworks.
- Run test cases manually and then strategically replace them with automated tests that enable developers to efficiently verify and test their code.
- Create, maintain, and execute functional, non-functional, and maintenance test suites.
- Lead the streamlining of our testing efforts by continuously improving our testing and QA processes, frameworks, infrastructure, and approaches.
- Craft and deliver reports and communication built on quality metrics you define and measurements you take regularly in order to provide program-wide visibility into the improving efficacy of our testing and QA approaches.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and 8+ years of software product quality assurance/SDET experience including test planning, implementation and execution
- An obsession with details and a creative approach to problem-solving
- Stellar oral and written communication skills
- Experience in testing web applications
- Advanced working knowledge of SQA processes and methodologies; expertise in test planning, test case management, code coverage, and defect analysis
- Experience with Agile software development processes
- Demonstrated leadership and mentoring skills combined with flexibility working in a dynamic, fast-moving, and changing product development environment
- Ability to work with minimal supervision to achieve your goals
- Excellent ability to create test strategies; an intuitive understanding of where and how software will fail
- Hands-on experience with writing automated tests and using automated test frameworks
- Experience in test and infrastructure automation needed to deliver tests in a CI/CD pipeline
- Demonstrated expertise with different testing methodologies and approaches such as functional/acceptance/end-to-end, system, contract, performance, stress, and security testing
- Capable of quickly understanding business requirements and developing creative technical solutions
- Proficient programming skills in any object-oriented programming languages
- Experience testing microservices-based web applications
- Proven success in building and managing remote QA teams
- Experience with mobile application testing
- Familiarity testing Kubernetes/containerized applications
- Working knowledge of AWS
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Testing and Quality Assurance
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.