The Leidos Civil Group is seeking a Program Analyst /Document Control Specialist to join the National Airspace System (NAS) Integration Support Contract (NISC IV) team in the Washington DC office. The position will provide support to the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA) Mobile Assets Management Team with Subject Matter Expertise (SME) support for digital documentation management, developing archival systems, indexing protocols, transitioning physical data to electronic media, and improving storage management processes and procedures for AJW-24 Facility Security, in addition to providing data management/planning support and database management recommendations to improve operational efficiencies.
Provide document management and control for the FAA’s Facilities Security Program. This support includes but is not limited to:
- Assist the FAA Facility Security Program with data management efforts
- Conduct task related to the collection and conversion of hard copy documents into electronic records
- Convert paper records from an FAA maintained central storage area into an electronic scanning system for creation of digital record copies
- Compile digital record copies into a FAA designated database and/or server
- Develop filing nomenclatures and records retention formats
- Oversee all aspects of digital documentation transition task conducted for program
- Perform data management and record retention of new and historic documentation and program records
- Review electronic data files to properly classify contents and create consistent metadata records tagging to allow comparative data analysis and support FAA decision-making
- Utilize FAA library platform software tools to comply with agency records retention directives
- Ensure data analysis goals are closely coordinated with FAA Program Managers to assure data outputs provide valuable analysis metrics.
- Conduct and document classified material destruction in accordance with facility and FAA security requirements .
- Process incoming and outgoing documents utilizing the designated security management processes
- Prepare documents for transmittal via fax and other secure program communications
- Ensure markings on documents are accurate and reflect requirements set forth in current marking policies
- Maintain document control receipts in adherence to requirements as set forth in FAA policy requirements
- Conduct inventories of controlled materials in adherence to FAA security requirements
- Prepare documents and material for destruction and ensure adherence to facility reproduction and destruction procedures
- Collaborate and confer with stakeholders to document subject material and technical specifications
- Research, propose and implement client-specific documentation solutions
- Initiate process improvements in documentation in accordance with the client
- Standardize organizational documentation
- Monitor user feedback and implement improvements
- Collaborate with Federal Government clients to identify program needs, documents necessary actions, and track milestones and timelines to support overall program execution and future development
Typically requires a bachelor’s degree and 2 to 4 years of relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of experience.
** While a clearance is not required to be considered for the position, the ability to obtain a clearance (i.e., Public Trust)
- Advanced knowledge of MicroSoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to edit, proofread and implement in-line changes
- Understanding of technical and government agency writing conventions
- Ability to comprehend and clearly communicate complex data
- Documentation layout and formatting skills
- Good analytic skills with ability to collect, analyze and present data
Previous work experience for/with the FAA is preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:1000
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.