The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN). The candidate will perform as Project Manager for the Integration team and is responsible for all schedules, requirements, and cost.
- Supporting the SENS3 management team, the selected individual will be responsible for providing services for the design and project management of new sites, IT renovations, cabling, server room space, desktop PC deployments, printers, faxes, phone(s) and copiers; data storage, shared drives, and general-purpose applications on HSDN and C-LAN.
- Conduct site surveys, if necessary, and document them in each Site Deployment Package.
- Execute the execution activities in Site Deployment Packages upon Government approval.
- Acquire, warehouse, and inventory assets for deployment to new and existing sites.
- Ensure that work on all approved MAC and new site requests comply with the DHS network and enterprise architecture,
- DHS policy and guidance documents, and with all security requirements.
- When appropriate, decommission system equipment for DHS sites that directly support the SENS3 program.
- Requires a BS and 4 years of prior relevant experience or a Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience. Years of experience may be substituted in in lieu of a degree.
- 6+ years experience with Network Support, Network equipment, cabling, wiring.
- Experience in network management and local area network design and implementation.
- Ability to work in a dynamic and demanding work environment.
- Ability to brief staff members to and contribute solutions to decisions.
- Work cooperatively as a team member and provide recommendations to DHS building effective customer relationships.
- Knowledge of ITIL principles.
- Ability to work independently with minimal or no oversight.
- Experience with Agile, SAFE, DevOps project management experience.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Project in developing project schedules, resource pools, and critical path/dependency analysis.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Strong customer relationship management skills.
- Experience developing customer briefings, presentations.
- Experience managing project development teams in software development, infrastructure management, or system transitions.
- Experience in supporting design reviews.
- Experience in developing customer requirements, test/evaluation criteria, and project dependencies.
- Experience with risk management, labor cost estimation, and opportunity development.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Network Administration and Ops
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.