Leidos is seeking an Enterprise Architect to support the Architectural Business Systems contract. The position will provide business-focused Information architecture and modeling support for customers, working with other information architects, business architects, business owners and users, and technical architecture and development teams to create logical data models and information analysis artifacts reflecting business information needs and enterprise representation of data concepts. This opportunity is primarily remote, with expectation the employee may be requested to travel to client location 1-3 times annually in the DC area.
- Construct logical data models and metadata content using Unified Modeling Language (UML) class diagrams, with different diagrams/views to meet customer and enterprise needs.
- Elicit input and revisions from stakeholders for the validation of logical data models and metadata.
- Leverage and enhance existing logical data model content.
- Analyze and enhance business process models with identification of relevant data concepts and other revisions as a contributor to the business architecture.
- Develop analysis of traceability of information architecture to other architecture content and business requirements.
- Participate and sometimes lead development and implementation of methodology improvements, including updates to information architecture guidelines and principles.
- Compare current state information models/requirements to future state models, identifying and documenting data integration requirements between applications/systems and potential gaps in functionality. • Provide general consultative support to information architecture clients and PGT coworkers regarding topics across the spectrum of information architecture and operations.
- Contribute to the training and education to company and client architects regarding information architecture
- Provide process modeling to customers when necessary to meet overall work demands.
- Perform and monitor specialized tasks, as assigned, of low to high complexity in support of information architecture operations for the team or client.
- Provide regular reporting of the status of assigned tasks as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Business, Finance, or related discipline
- Requires 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6 10 years of prior relevant experience.
- Information Architect experience (3+ years) producing comprehensive data/information documentation, including composing information models, articulate modeling guides, well-formed data dictionaries and cross-document integration
- • Additional data management experience in one or more of the following areas: Data Modeling & Design, Data Integration & Interoperability, Data Quality, Reference and Master Data Management, Data Governance, Data Security, Data Storage & Operations, Data Analytics & Business Intelligence
- Recent, within last 2-3 years, 2+ years of experience in the healthcare environment. Experience with the Veterans Health Administration (VHA) or Department of Defense (DOD) is a plus
- Must possess excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills, combined with healthcare business knowledge that will provide for clear description/presentation of business information architecture work products to the business owners/SMEs in such a way to effectively elicit feedback/revisions to the work products and obtain business owners’ confirmation/approval on architecture packages delivered
- Must have experience working closely with cross-functional teams, including business data owners/stewards, business requirements analysts and technical product development staff to ensure that the final product meets or exceeds customers’ requirements
- Must have ability to understand customer needs and document their requirements completely and accurately in information architecture work products: o UML class diagrams and corresponding documentation, including data dictionary, healthcare standards applicability and demonstrate traceability from business requirements to data objects within business process models to specific data element within the information models
- Must be an effective communicator, verbal and written; detail-oriented, efficient
- Must be willing to assist other members of the team as needed, sharing experience/knowledge with others to improve the overall quality of the business information architecture team
- Must possess strong business analysis skills to analyze standard operating procedures and other related documentation, identifying data inputs and outputs in the business processes
- Must be fully committed to team success and exceeding client expectations
- Must be able to contribute to/ lead/ facilitate team engagement in creative problem-solving using industry tools and techniques
- Must be able to adapt quickly to changing priorities, always maintaining professionalism
- Must be proficient in MS Office products - PowerPoint to develop presentations, Word/Excel to develop artifacts to supplement models, SharePoint, and Teams to share documentation and information
- Visio for process modeling, especially Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
- Preferred Data Management certification; demonstrable understanding of data management principles
- Experience designing/developing business application software/databases
- Ability to perform information architecture activities on low to high complexity efforts independently.
- Desirable: Ability to apply project management principles to guide and perform internal projects involving multiple information architecture team members
- Desirable - Enterprise Architecture Certification
- Desirable - Be professionally active in health-industry work groups, such as Health Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS), Health Level 7 (HL7), Healthcare Information Technology Standards Panel (HITSP), International Health Terminology Standards Development Organization (IHTSDO), Data Management organization (DAMA) and (Object Management Group (OMG)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 75%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.