The Dynetics Group within the Leidos Corporation has an opening for a Chief Engineer. In this role, you will create, grow, and manage the Chief Engineering function within the Dynetics Group and coordinate across the Leidos enterprise. You will lead the Chief Engineering Function within the Dynetics Group, and be responsible for all aspects of the engineering discipline and flawless program execution within the Dynetics Group.
- Provide systems engineering, model-based systems engineering, reliability engineering, and digital engineering
- Define, maintain, update, and execute rigorous systems engineering tools, processes, and resources – and drive innovation into these areas
- Ensure proper engineering discipline, rigor, reporting, and focus in our solutions and planning for new business opportunities
- Provide hardware and software engineering to support production and manufacturing, logistics, maintenance, and sustainment (LMS)
- Provide engineering resource and talent planning
- Support our Customers with engineering solutions and processes that reduce cost and risk, and that enable agility, speed, and security - across the diverse types of opportunities and programs in our markets: Research and Development, Science and Technology, Engineering and Development, and Programs of Record.
- Active participation in the definition and implementation of the long-term engineering strategy aligned to the Group and Corporate Technology Strategies, and the ever-evolving set of Group and Corporate goals.
- Collaborate with Group Management, CTO, and Business Development Leadership to execute our strategies and to further our business goals.
- Support the Dynetics Group Manufacturing Leads with appropriate engineering processes and procedures.
- Active participation in the Capture Process to include writing and reviewing proposal material.
- Collaborate on all engineering matters within the Group and with any organization within Leidos.
- Development and mentoring of a set of mid to senior level engineering staff to include providing career guidance and professional growth opportunities for high potential employees
- responsible for engineering initiatives across the Dynetics Group and the entire Leidos enterprise, to include other Groups and functions. These initiatives will focus on engineering, capability, process, differentiation, technical solutioning, proposal development, and program execution - all to further Leidos engineering discrimination and growth goals with agility, speed, and security.
- A recognized expert in the engineering field with a Master’s degree in a relevant technology field as well as 20+ years of related engineering experience on large acquisition programs, large hardware and software systems delivery programs
- Prior technical roles within similar organizations with growing duties and responsibilities, which must include management of large engineering teams, multi-disciplinary engineering teams, integrated product teams, working groups, and trade studies
- Technical authority to ensure flawless execution on existing programs
- Experience in developing, enforcing, and improving engineering policy, standards, best practices, and management
- Management and oversight over a rigorous system engineering process and tools to include requirements management, baseline management, risk management, configuration management, schedule management, verification and validation, and reporting
- Experience in driving innovation in the system engineering process and tools in areas like Model-Based System Engineering, Digital Engineering, and Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
- Familiarity and use of standard program management tools such as Integrated Master Schedule (IMS), Earned Value Management System (EVMS), etc
- Experience with policy formation, performance management, and best practices in the Defense industry
- Strong oral and written communication skills, along with public speaking skills
- Ability to influence and persuade others, as well as handle difficult negotiations requiring a well-developed sense of engineering execution
- Ability to mentor, lead, and promote talent
- Significant experience supporting capture activities to include chairing/participating in Gate Reviews, writing specific sections of proposals, and providing preliminary technical guidance for solutions
- Ability to obtain/maintain a TS/SCI Security Clearance
- 25% travel required
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 10%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Top Management ENG
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.