The Civil Group of Leidos is seeking a Senior Contracts Manager to support our Commercial Energy Solutions Operation.
The Senior Contracts Manager will provide cradle-to-grave contract administration support, support special assignment requests, provide sound judgement and advice on contractual issues, support proposal team reviews, and advise junior level Contracts staff. The Senior Contracts Manager is responsible for overall contract compliance of assigned tasks in accordance with contract requirements, company policy and procedures, and applicable laws. Candidate must be able to work independently as well as part of a team of contract professionals supporting proposal preparation and a portfolio of contracts.
- Provide the oversight and evaluation of major proposals, monitoring major contracts, lead or assist in key negotiations, resolve performance issues, identify risks and associated mitigations, ensure compliance with Leidos policies, procedures as well as government and contract requirements.
- Portfolio will be primarily commercial contracts, but may also include municipal and federal contracts.
- Provide advice and counsel to Operation counterparts and less experienced Contracts staff.
- Regularly interact with programs, contracts, legal, project control, finance, business development and with customers as required.
- Attend early capture sessions to determine specific information and requirements in order to apply the correct contracts skills, techniques, methods and resources for the opportunity thus meeting Leidos’ as well as the customer’s expectations and objectives.
- Develop or review contract terms and conditions to ensure compliance and minimize company liability
- Redlining and negotiating teaming agreements, non-disclosure agreements, licensing agreements, and intellectual property terms
- Support internal/external audit activities as well as data request from internal / external customers.
- Bachelor 's degree and 12+ years of hands-on negotiating and administering commercial contracts experience. Additional years of relevant experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
- Expert knowledge within commercial contracts arena with particular emphasis on reviewing terms and conditions.
- Excellent negotiation skills, including experience redlining and negotiating complex terms and conditions.
- Must have experience with all contract types and a very good working knowledge of commercial marketplace and FAR/DFAR.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume environment critical. As such the ability to manage multiple priorities is required.
- Must have the interpersonal skills to deal effectively with executive management and staff regarding Contract
issues with high degrees of complexity and work issues to resolution.
- Experience as Contracts lead on large proposals is required.
- Prefer Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related field.
- Knowledge in government and municipal contracts a plus.
- Ability to establish relationships internally and externally within the Leidos community.
- Energy Utility experience preferred
- Proficient in Excel/Word/PowerPoint.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:2000.00
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Pay Range:Pay Range $97,500.00 - $150,000.00 - $202,500.00
Please note that effective October 1, to enter Leidos facilities in the U.S. and to attend Leidos business events outside of our facilities, employees, vendors, subcontractors, and visitors will be required to be vaccinated or maintain proof of a weekly negative COVID-19 test. In addition, we are receiving guidance from certain customers that onsite contractor personnel will need to be fully vaccinated or able to show negative COVID-19 test results to access facilities. If you are not vaccinated, please consider getting your COVID-19 vaccination as soon as possible.
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, civil, and health markets. The company’s 43,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.