The Executive Assistant will provide support to The Office of Technology, Chief Technology Officer of Leidos. The job of the Executive Assistant will regularly interact with senior management and executives on matters concerning the functional area, customers and other outside entities. The candidate will perform a broad range of administrative tasks, to include managing scheduling, preparing correspondence, coordinating meeting logistics, preparing expense reports and coordinating travel. Occasional overtime may be required.
- This is a position that demands a high degree of telephone and personal professionalism, polish and diplomacy. Absolute confidentiality is a critical component of this role.
- The candidate will perform a broad range of administrative tasks, to include managing scheduling, preparing correspondence, coordinating meeting logistics, preparing expense reports and coordinating travel.
- He/she will manage priorities with an understanding of which activities are most appropriate for the allocation of the Executive’s time.
- The candidate may from time-to-time act as proxy to the Executive, such as representing him in communications and may make administrative decisions or take actions on his behalf based on knowledge of the company's organization, priorities, policies and personnel.
- He/she will prioritize and carry out special projects and complex assignments as needed, exercising frequent independent judgment, initiative and tact.
- High School degree and 5+ years of experience.
- Must present a positive and personable demeanor with an ability to interact and relate well with both external and internal contacts at all levels, up to and including Executives, customers and members of the Board of Directors. -Must be able to work effectively with key administrative personnel across the enterprise.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, sound decision-making and prioritization ability, and attention to detail are critical.
- Must have excellent calendar management skills including the ability to coordinate complex executive meetings. Must have a mastery of Microsoft Outlook.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with a commitment to completion of projects on a timely basis.
- Must have strong problem-solving skills with an ability to diagnose and resolve complex issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or related field preferred plus 11+ years of administrative support experience of an increasingly responsible nature at a senior level. Additional relevant experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- DoD Top Secret security clearance
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.