The IT Specialist will administer, develop and support user-oriented implementations of various Cloud applications, including but not limited to: an Apache Tomcat web application, SharePoint Online and other applications in O365 and Azure clouds. The specialist will respond directly to user requirements from the program, which provides monitoring and translation services of a wide variety of media. When required, the specialist will develop IT tools to support operations and data management applications across Task Orders and will aid IT strategic development. The successful candidate will interpret user requirements into solutions that surface rich archives of processed data, daily/hourly workflow changes, productivity tools, and customer-facing dashboards. The candidate will also administer a custom implementation of HLT and CAT tools, an Apache Tomcat-based web application for computer-aided translations, SharePoint Online and Azure cloud services serving over 300 users.
The IT Specialist will:
- Respond to user requirements to improve work processes and customer services
- Provide user support for developed and deployed cloud solutions of a variety of customer web applications, SDL WorldServer or a Similar CAT tool, SharePoint Online, and a cloud-based VPN/Firewall
- Troubleshoot item delivery and workflow problems, escalating to IT staff and vendors as required
- Assist users with the use of PC tools and improving user documentation.
- Install, test, and maintain cloud-based services.
- Provide script code capabilities to aid digitization process.
- Perform system upgrades, patches and configure communication systems
- Provide continuous operations and maintenance support of IT technical systems
- Possess knowledge of Open Source collection environment.
- Seven years systems experience with administering and supporting Windows-based Servers, PCs and web browser-based applications
- Three years of experience with Apache Tomcat, MS SQL database, and network administration
- Experience with web application, Sharepoint Online, Office 365, and network administration and troubleshoot
- Experience in timely support of IT issues
- Ability to work independently and as a contributor to a virtual team
- Strong organizational skills, time-management skills, attention to detail, and strong initiative
- Effective communicator in both written and verbal formats for a variety of audiences
- Able to adapt schedule to meet customer demands. Occasional weekend and after-hours availability are required.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
A BS and 4 – 8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 – 6 years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Azure or AWS cloud certification
- Cisco network certification
- Knowledge and experience with networking, security, including VPNs and firewalls hosted in the cloud
- Strong knowledge of HTTP, HTML, REST, XML, and Unicode data processing
- Experience supporting applications that enable multilingual data input
- Experience with Python or PowerShell or other high-level language software development
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.