LEIDOS is currently searching for a Travel Support Team Project Manager, to support the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) Program, a highly visible $4.3B single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency. The DHMSM program is the DoD’s leading program designed to deploy a modern electronic health record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe. Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMSM Program Executive Office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the global deployment of our proposed EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required.
The DHMSM Travel Support Team Project Manager will manage the tasks and day to day activities of the Travel Support Team, currently supporting approximately 200 travelers per week. Travel occurs to and from multiple cities in the contiguous United States in support of the DHMSM program, the ability to effectively coach and lead team members to accomplish project goals, meet established schedules and resolve operational issues quickly and successfully, will be key. The Project Manager / Travel Support Team will be able to demonstrate a history of working with multiple teams to resolve problems, and the ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across multiple teams, as well as external and internal vendor and/or support services.
Duties will also include working closely with the DHMSM Deployment Team, Leidos Travel Partner and Travel Leaders Corporation (TLC) to ensure travel schedules are up to date and in place to meet program objectives, with potential plans in place to resolve any issues. Coordinate with DHMSM Project Control team to ensure that all invoices and expense reports are accurately reconciled and paid in a timely manner.
- Lead and manage a team of five (up to ten) resources and matrixed leadership
- Accountable for all project tasks and aspects of the DHMSM-Leidos travel support team deliverables.
- Establish long term vision and technical guidance for program travel management, and develop/manage program travel policy.
- Facilitate procurement strategy and negotiations with airlines, hotels and other service providers. Be accountable for project results of staying on-budget, on-schedule, and meeting or exceeding expectations.
- Create of project documentation tailored to the needs of the particular project.
- Manage programmatic DHMSM Travel charge cards to ensure the best value is being achieved and reporting requirements are met.
- Support and monitor programs that support the safety and security of team members while traveling for business, as well as any changes and/or current events that might create potential issues with safety and security. Provide consultation on travel industry changes and developments, addressing impact to the travel program.
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables.
- Establish performance management requirements for key suppliers and measure compliance with requirements. Evaluate ongoing initiatives for continuous improvement.
- Perform briefings to Program Management regarding project status and deliverables (including travel planning and expense processing), as well as risk and mitigation strategies.
- Assess new opportunities through new travel technologies and process improvement.
- Create business case for potential opportunities assessing benefits and risks of solution.
- Support after-hours efforts to resolve travel related issues that are time critical.
- BA/BS degree with 8+ years of prior relevant experience or High School graduate with 14 years of work experience.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain/maintain an ADP2/IT2 Public Trust Clearance.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple resources/teams.
- Ability to think strategically, solve problems effectively and tenaciously follow through to ensure the successfully completed of program tasks.
- Candidate must be highly motivated, proactive, organized and have the ability to manage concurrent projects and interface with external clients in a fast-paced environment with a high level of accuracy.
- Candidate must possess excellent leadership, organization, communication and time management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office products and Microsoft SharePoint
- Strong Excel skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the proven ability to successfully work with multiple internal and external team members, at a variety of levels.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.