This unique ITSM opportunity provides a challenging role on a high-visibility DoD program through engineering support to the Navy Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI), the largest information technology (IT) network in the world. Leidos is seeking an IT Service Management (ITSM) Process Manager to support efforts for the Service Management, Integration, and Transport (SMIT) contract.
For this program, the Leidos team will deliver the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport.
Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
The candidate will be responsible for executing processes and procedures to optimize the services delivered by SMIT. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for performing ongoing analysis, and trending and forecasting of service delivery to optimize operational performance and efficiency.
- Develop, design and optimize end-to-end processes to support Incident Management
- Perform analysis to develop business process changes to maximize efficiencies
- Participate in interviews and Program Partnering Workshops to capture data and knowledge specific to job functions
- Perform Gap Analyses - Review documentation & validate progress, validate workflows, problem escalation rules, and roles
- Establish and maintain transparent and respectful working relationships with leadership by site, team members, and Leidos representatives
- Collaborate and coordinate with external customers, management, subcontractors, vendors, and other disciplines.
- Perform analysis, trending and forecasting to recommend improvements to optimize performance and efficiency.
- Mentor junior engineers.
- Bachelors’ Degree and 4+ years of prior relevant experience with demonstrated experience managing the implementation and operation of ITSM processes aligned with ITIL framework (additional specific experience may be accepted in lieu of degree)
- Ability to coordinate changes to processes to improve
- Understanding of key ITSM processes including Incident Management and Continual Service Improvement.
- Must have directly demonstrated expertise in systems documentation
- Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Must be able to work independently to develop innovative approaches and optimizations
- Create a culture which drives continuously improved service delivery
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other stakeholders
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Team leadership to task and drive team performance
- ITIL v3 certification(s) or ITIL 4 Foundation certification(s)
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with a Secret clearance
- Travel may be required (post COVID)
- Master’s degree in Systems Engineering
- Leadership experience
- Experience managing direct employees and overseeing subcontractors including remote employees and teleworkers
- Defense industry experience
- Experience with Navy Process Reference Model (NPRM)
- Experience with USMC Enterprise ITSM Framework processes
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Expert certification
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) version 3 Master certification
- ITIL 4 Strategic Leader certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
External Referral Bonus $:
Potential for Telework:Yes, 100%
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Business Systems Analysis
Pay Range:Pay Range $65,000.00 - $100,000.00 - $135,000.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.