Substation Civil Engineer
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer. When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”.
Successful candidates can look forward to a fast paced, diverse work environment & flexible work hours/work arrangements as well as managers who will encourage career development and growth including:
- Professional Engineer License (PE)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Technical & non-technical training opportunities
- Mentorship Program
In this role, you can also expect to gain
- Interactions with other disciplines(Substation, Protection & Controls, and Civil Structural)
Leidos is seeking a Civil Engineer to join our site/civil department in our growing Orlando Florida office to work on a variety of electric utility projects. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic, energetic and talented individual to join a team of outstanding professionals and the opportunity to apply the latest technology to help our clients solve their most challenging problems. Typical projects involve site/civil design engineering for both large and small scale utility projects. Candidates who have commercial/industrial site development experience will also be considered for the position.
This position will ideally be staffed at the Leidos office in Orlando, FL. However, the following locations will also be considered for this position:
- Hendersonville, TN
- Novi, MI
- Framingham, MA
- Charlotte, NC
- Land development permitting including NPDES, stormwater management, and knowledge of other typical local, state, and/or federal regulations and permit requirements
- Research additional site data through various sources
- Site layout, grading, and drainage design
- Stormwater modeling and design
- Erosion and sediment control design
- Access road design
- Utility coordination and design
- Retaining wall layout and design
- Documentation of all supporting calculations
- Quantity take-offs
- Construction drawings
- Construction specifications
- Construction observation and field engineering
- Coordination and collaboration with other design disciplines
Required Experience & Education:
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering
- Engineer with 4-6 years of directly applicable civil-site design experience
- P.E. license required
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D software (preferred) and/or MicroStation OpenSite Designer software (considered)
- Experience with Hydraflow, ICPR, and various other hydrologic and hydraulic modeling & design programs
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite, Adobe Acrobat, and other general software tools
- Strong analytical and technical writing skills
- Team player with ability to communicate effectively with clients and staff
- Able to execute projects and handle clients successfully with limited supervision
- Willing to travel occasionally
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
External Referral Bonus $:5000
Potential for Telework:Yes, 25%
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 40,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $12.30 billion for the fiscal year ended January 1, 2021. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.